Treasury Management Sales Specialist II
This position is a Treasury Management Sales Specialist focused on developing service relationships with Business Banking clients (companies that have annual sales between $2 million and $20 million) for the Northern Virginia/Bethesda, MD markets. He or she will develop, market, and administer existing treasury management services and cross-sell related financial services.
- Under the guidance of a Team Leader or Sales Manager, sells treasury management services to corporate clients and prospects within a defined territory.
- Coordinates with Business Bankers
- Schedules and completes calls on existing clients and prospects in order to develop new treasury management business.
- Analyzes the cash position/flow and proposes appropriate services.
- Prepares and completes sales presentations.
- Prepares agreements, implementation documentation and procedures in order to establish new clients on the system.
- Performs timely follow-up concerning newly implemented treasury management services to ensure client is satisfied and/or carefully understands the mechanics of the service.
- Meets with Business Bankers to review their accounts and identify prospective clients for cash management services.
- Develops and maintains the company's relationships with contacts/clients to maintain and expand business.
- Makes regular calls on potential client companies in order to generate high quality new Treasury Management and deposit business to achieve or exceed specific production goals.
- Meets with clients through personal calling efforts, referrals and other contacts to discuss business needs and recommend ways in which the bank can serve their needs.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of competitors’ products and pricing in the market served.
- Plans the upcoming year's growth through the development of a business plan in alignment with departmental budget and consistent with overall Bank asset/liability management objectives.
- Resolves operational problems reported by clients in a timely manner (within 24 hours).
- Reviews monthly Account Analysis Statements in a timely manner to ensure newly implemented services are being properly charged.
- Assists Business Bankers with understanding treasury management product risk and ensuring Capital One Bank's credit policies are applied throughout the sales cycle.
- Receives new product and product enhancement information/ training from Treasury Management's product staff.
- Assists in the design of treasury management services by providing data from the market on strengths and weaknesses of existing services and new product needs not currently met.
- Maintains an awareness of trends and new developments in the field of treasury management through attendance at trade shows and related seminars.
- Maintains and updates the banks SRM system regarding sales calls, pipelines, closed sales, etc. to enable the generation of monthly activity reports to track sales and revenue growth by market segment.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or Military Experience
- At least 3 years of Treasury Management Sales experience
- At least 3 years of Banking experience
- At least 5 years of Treasury Management experience
- CTP designation
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.