What you’ll be doing...
The Finance Organization
At Verizon, we are building a world-class Treasury Cash management and Financing execution team. We have begun a comprehensive program to streamline processes, enhance systems, realign the organization and add opportunities for personal skill-building and professional growth. We’re finding new ways to add value and provide strategic support. This is the kind of work we do.
- Guide the overall strategic and tactical direction for the team, including of the IR strategy and executing the IR program in partnership with the equity Investor Relations and senior leadership.
- Oversee cash flow and debt sections of the quarterly earnings process and prepare senior management for earning call
- Manage a team of professionals that provide oversight of all aspects of the development and communication of executive reviews for Actuals, Business Plan, Commitment View, and Best View.
- Identify complex business performance issues and present insights on the consolidated internal reports and external presentations.
- Ensure the team successfully executes on capital planning review/analysis and provide guidance on optimal use of cash.
- Be a trusted advisor providing value-added decision support and guidance to executive management.
- Provide strategic financial and operational insights utilizing recurring performance reports, ad-hoc analysis and performance reviews.
- Partner with Center of Excellence to establish service level agreements and drive continuous improvements.
- Evaluate business trends and assess monthly and quarterly business performance in driving strategic business analysis.
- Advise on risk and opportunity considerations for managing cost and growing the revenue and profitability.
- Recommend planning and business performance issues to define and execute action plans.
- Identify and assess cost and effect patterns in the business not captured in existing reporting.
- Perform monthly performance review of business unit initiatives and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Provide decision support and guidance; lead ad-hoc presentation development and executive review.
- Manage the team employee life cycle processes (Recruiting, Performance, Development, Career and Compensation).
- Present and communicate to all levels of the business.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or equivalent work experience
- Six years of relevant experience with a strong management background.
- Experience with Google Suite and/or Microsoft Office Suite with proven focus on spreadsheet and presentation applications.
Even better if you have:
- A Master's in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or Economics.
- A professional certification (e.g. CPA, CMA).
- High degree of strategic and analytical capability, including the ability to analyze a large amount of data.
- Strong strategic skills, with the ability to identify and assess key points, implications and recommendations; proven ability to structure business case around a high-level strategic vision.
- Knowledge of FASB and SEC requirements, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, tax reporting and accounting practices and International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Advanced understanding of report query and design.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to focus on the details.
- Demonstrated experience in continuous improvement initiatives, root cause analysis and project management.
- Familiar with Essbase, Smart View, Hyperion Planning, and Hyperion Strategic Finance.
- Experience with Advanced Visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, Qlik, etc.)
- Experience deploying and adapting to new and emerging tools (e.g., robotic process automation, natural language generation, etc.)
- Skilled at integrating internal and external information and turning findings or raw data into meaningful information
- Proficiency with statistical or scientific software packages (R/SPLUS, Mathematica, MATLAB, or similar)
- Proven ability to lead and motivate a team.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
A little about us:
Verizon is one of the largest communication technology companies in the world.