As part of Park Hyatt New York, in our Spa Nalai we believe our guests select us because of our caring and attentive colleagues who are focused on providing efficient service and meaningful experiences.
Reporting directly to the Spa Director, the Treatment Artisan will be responsible for creating treatment experiences consisting of facial, body & massage therapy techniques to control pain, reduce stress, and promote relaxation in a spa facility.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Treatment Artisans of Spa Nalai may be required to perform other job-related duties as may be requested.
- Provide consistent professional spa massage and body treatments compliant with spa protocols and accepted documentation practices
- Be knowledgeable on services and products available in the spa in order to make recommendations to clients as appropriate
- Handle guests’ queries and concerns efficiently and politely
- Provide exact, suitable and instant responses to all requests by guests
- Maintain a constructive attitude and add toward a quality work environment
- Create customized treatments for each and every guest.
- Deliver International treatment modalities
- Help in all areas of spa operation as requested by organization
- Attend all scheduled training and continued education courses offered by the spa
- Maintain the treatment rooms in a neat professional manner including stocking products and linens, cleaning and instrument sterilization
- Communicate to administration any and all occurrences involving staff or guests in the spa that need concentration
- Converse to management any and all occurrences connecting staff or guests in the spa that require notice
- Efficiently inform and teach guests concerning specific wellness concerns
- Advocate for at home wellness experiences and active participation in creating the ideal at home continuation of their personalized creation.
Must hold and maintain a current state of employment license
Dual Licensed Technicians PREFERRED
In-depth skills and knowledge of all spa treatments and products
Possess strong communication, organization and relationship skills
A true desire to exceed guest expectations in a fast paced guest service environment Must be able to work Sundays, Tuesdays and Saturdays.
- Regularly required to talk and hear
- Stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Must regularly lift, carry and/or move up to fifty (50) pounds