The Trend and Design Intern will assist the Director of Trend & Design to produce new
style directions that reflect market trends and match customer needs. They will partner with Global Product Merchants on merchandise selection in development of product.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Gather market data on key fashion trends and conduct competitive shops to keep abreast of trends
- Identifies emerging themes and new inspirations with Director of Design and Merchandising VP
- Creates presentation boards and presents and recommends seasonal concepts to merchandising team
- Partners with store planning and visual teams to implement design
- Conducts color forecasting and color matching for seasonal color stories
- Coordinates furniture, flooring, kitchens and baths, and accessories for in-store strike points
- Maintains and gathers trend information for the home industry
- Utilizes computer design programs to draw and/or edit images
NATURE AND SCOPE
The position will report to the Director Trend and Design
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Conditions could produce mild discomfort on occasion.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 0 years
Most of the time is spent sitting or standing in the same location or there may be a need to stoop regularly or move/lift light material or equipment (typically less than 8 pounds).
- Interior Design Student Graduating December 2018 or May 2019
- Masters Student Preferred
- Design Capabilities / Computer Skills – able to use InDesign, Photoshop, Sketch Up, and PowerPoint
- Strong Presentation Skills – able to concept, develop, and communicate a design concept for specific projects
- Attention to detail and follow through
- Self-Starter and Highly Motivated
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Knowledge of the competition; knows the business and industry.
- Knowledge of design-related computer software, including: Photoshop, Illustrator, Quark, CAD, Indesign
A little about us:
We recognize that military members are adept, motivated and hardworking. That’s why we made a commitment in 2012 to hire 55,000 veterans in 5 years!