We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers name by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
Performs moderate legal and other secretarial duties for assigned attorney(s).
Essential Job Functions
- Types legal documents and correspondence from oral or written instructions.
- Maintains schedules and calendar for assigned attorney(s).
- Answers telephone calls and receives visitors.
- Composes a variety of correspondence, pleadings and various legal forms from dictated, handwritten or verbal correspondence.
- Coordinates time and location of multi-party appearances, including depositions, arbitrations, mediations, IMEs, meetings and site inspections.
- Contacts clients, witnesses, court reporters, interpreters, claims personnel, and others to confirm scheduled appearances as instructed by assigned attorney(s).
- Maintains a thorough knowledge and keeps up-to-date with court rules and legal deadlines.
- Maintains records, files, logs and diary.
- Prepares and mails legal documents and correspondence.
- Contacts individuals/companies for additional information and required services as necessary.
- Maintains confidential information.
- Receives and processes incoming mail.
- Opens docket for each case and regularly updates same through closing memo.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required job duties are essentially sedentary, however, the incumbent must be able to speak and hear normal conversation, read normal newsprint, have the ability to lift 20 lbs., climb normal stairs and stepstools, and reach to a height requiring complete extension of the torso, arms and legs.
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate-controlled office environment.
High school diploma or equivalent and graduation from an accredited college or vocational program for Legal Secretary training. (College requirement may be waived if incumbent has successfully completed one year as a Legal Secretary or equivalent.)
Three or more years of insurance defense legal secretary experience preferred.
Experience with using Microsoft Office software
Typing 80 wpm.
General secretarial, clerical experience
Special Skill Requirement
Type 70 wpm. Proficient in Microsoft suite Operate standard office equipment, i.e., P.C., fax, copier, scanner.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
A little about us: