We are Farmers
Since our start in 1928, Farmers has grown and adapted to meet the changing needs of our customers with an unwavering commitment to upholding the ideals with which we began by providing industry-leading products and services to the customers we're privileged to serve.
Today, Farmers Insurance Group of Companies is the country's third-largest insurer of both private Personal Lines passenger automobile and homeowner’s insurance. Farmers operates primarily in 41 states across the country through the efforts of approximately 20,000 employees who are responsible for servicing more than 15 million customers.
If you’re looking for stability and opportunity in your next position, put your previous legal secretarial experience to work at Farmers Insurance. We are looking for a results-driven Trial Secretary I for our Branch Legal Office in Tampa, Florida.
This position offers a competitive starting salary, outstanding benefits package, up to 6% company matched 401K, paid time off and an annual performance based bonus program.
As a Trial Secretary I for Farmers Insurance, you will be responsible for:
- Performing moderate legal and other secretarial duties for assigned attorneys.
- Maintaining schedules and calendars for assigned attorneys.
- Coordinating time and location of multi-party appearances, including depositions, arbitrations, mediations and meetings.
- Preparing a variety of correspondences, pleadings and various legal forms for e-service/e-filing in all courts – familiarity with and prior use of case management software a must.
- Contacting clients, witnesses, court reporters, claims personnel and others to confirm scheduled appearances.
- Answering telephone calls and receiving visitors for assigned attorneys, receiving all incoming mail, and performing other functions as assigned.
Required job duties are essentially sedentary work consisting of occasional walking, standing, lifting, bending and stooping.
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate-controlled environment.
High school diploma or equivalent.
One year relevant experience. Excellent organization and time management skills, at least three years of legal support experience, and previous Florida personal injury experience preferred.
Special Skill Requirement
Word processing experience on personal computer.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
A little about us: