Under direct or general supervision regularly and customarily installs and services electrical connections and appliances, operates and repairs Company's lines as necessary, and responds to trouble calls from customers. This includes such work as the following illustrative duties, together with other related and incidental work:
1. Sets, connects and disconnects meters; installs and removes instrument transformers; installs and removes services; handles trouble calls; performs work on miscellaneous light construction and maintenance jobs on live secondary and primary conductors, structures and equipment on both overhead and underground facilities.
2. Services and maintains domestic, commercial and industrial electrical appliances, including making inspections, and preparing reports on installations; performs incidental wiring therewith, including wiring in connection with small motors, motor circuits and related equipment; troubleshooting, repair and replacement of Energy For Tomorrow (EFT) switches.
3. Installs and removes recording instruments; places, changes and removes charts; gives meter locations; runs and removes services, investigates and corrects customer service complaints.
4. Prepares forms and sketches covering locations of recording volt-meters, shows number and size of wires and transformers, number and nature of customer's services and equipment.
5. Operates all types of substation equipment, including automatic reclosing devices, transmission and distribution switches.
6. Performs promotional work by acquainting customers with Company rules and policies, furnishing customers with information regarding specifications of electrical appliances and merchandise.
7. Performs necessary clerical work incidental to the job.
8. Directs the work of and instructs others who, upon occasion, may be assigned to assist.
9. Performs any of the duties of a Journeyman Lineman.
10. Operates automotive equipment.
In addition to the above and other related work of similar grade, a Trouble and Service Man will be assigned to any other work of equal or lesser skill within the capabilities of the individual, to meet emergencies or other operating needs.
Pepco Holdings, an Exelon Company, is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity and does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of characteristics protected by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Never Miss an Update - Follow us on Twitter @PHICareers
Exelon believes in hiring men and women who've served in the military: they exemplify the leadership, teamwork, integrity, and commitment to excellence we need. Exelon attends military recruiting fairs with members of E-MAC (Exelon - Militaries Actively Connected), our employee resource group that supports veteran employees. We advertise in military publications, and partner with Transition Assistance Program (TAP) offices.
To learn more about where your skills in the military can be applied at Exelon, visit our military careers site.
Not ready to apply? Follow Exelon on LinkedIn to stay informed on our jobs and company news.