Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier
Our history dates back to the early 1990’s when Republic Waste Services was formed to consolidate a series of regional waste collection companies. The Company underwent a series of name changes and business transformations during the early to mid-90’s and began trading as Republic Services, Inc. (NYSE:RSG) on July 1, 1998. For the next 10 years, the Company experienced strong and dramatic growth and, in late 2008, Republic Services and Allied Waste Industries merged to create the current Company. Today, Republic Services is a Fortune 300 Company, operating across 39 states and Puerto Rico.
Why Work with Us
Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community, and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and One of the Most Meaningful Companies to Work for in America by Business Insider.
The Company’s Energy Services division provides oilfield waste services to its customer base and operates three types of waste management and disposal facilities: treatment, recovery and disposal facilities; engineered landfills; and salt water disposal injection wells. The E&P Truck Driver-HM operates a tractor-trailer and other truck equipment to haul and dispose of oilfield waste..
**Knowledge, Skills & Abilities**
• Good customer services skills to meet and exceed customer expectations; acts in a professional, courteous and cooperative manner toward customers and co-workers; works with a sense of honesty and trustworthiness.
• Good time management skills to ensure assigned responsibilities are completed in an efficient and safe manner.
• Good follow through ability; adheres to work schedule and follows through on challenges as they arise.
• Ability to adhere to Company policies and rules set forth; promotes the Company’s safety standards; does not take inappropriate risks.
• Maintains a feeling of pride in work; strives to achieve all goals.
• High school diploma or GED
• Knowledge of equipment associated with the trucking of oil field equipment.
• Knowledge of drill cutting and oil based mud operations, including collection, delivery and disposal procedures.
• Knowledge of salt-water collection, delivery and disposal procedures.
• Hauls and disposes of oilfield fluids and by-products using a tractor-trailer, in compliance with Department of Transportation (DOT) guidelines. • Operates roll off trailers, vacuum trucks, side dump trailers, and flat decks. • Performs safety inspections and maintains a DOT driver log and records, as required by DOT. • Conducts pre- and post-trip inspections of tractor trailer unit, hoses, fittings and valves. • Maintains satisfactory customer service by maintaining radio and/or telephone contact with supervisor or dispatcher to receive delivery or pickup instructions. • Completes work tickets and maintains daily inventory of tools, fittings and hose connections on the unit. • Reports all safety issues, incidents and concerns to Company management and notifies supervisor of current and/or anticipated repair needs. • Responsible for making sure all jobs are operated in the most efficient and cost effective manner possible • Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent. The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Class A Commercial Driver’s License with tanker and hazmat endorsements. • Minimum of 1 year of experience driving heavy trucks.
**Rewarding Compensation and Benefits**
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
A little about us:
The dramatic growth and high performance of Republic Services is an American success story we’re proud of.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network.