has an exciting opportunity at our Transportation facility in Ness City, Kansas. We are looking for a Truck Driver / Gauger
to join our team. You must be a detail-oriented, results-driven individual, with excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and a strong commitment to customer service are necessary.
Basic Qualifications: (required)
- Inspect truck and trailer to make sure units are in safe working order. Drives truck to designated leases as directed by dispatcher or supervisor.
- Communicate with dispatcher or supervisor as necessary or needed to report information or changes that occur, gauges lease tanks for recording accurate quality and amount per API Standards of Crude oil.
- May be required to operate LACT (Liquid Automatic Custody Transfer) units.
- Reject all loads that do not meet company specifications and fills out required electronic reject forms.
- Hook up hoses to tank; pump oil from tank into truck with constant monitoring to prevent oil spills and overloading.
- When loading is complete, shut all required valves and follow CHS loading and unloading procedures.
- Drive truck to designated or predetermined unloading area or facility; complete required inspections, paperwork and electronic data entry.
- Perform all duties in accordance with company procedures and safety rules and all applicable Federal and State regulations, i.e. DOT, OSHA, EPA etc.
- Inspect vehicle prior to and after using each day and report any deficiencies, following all CHS policies and procedures; this includes all State and Federal rules.
- Maintain the vehicle in a clean, safe operating condition both inside and outside at all times.
- Make minor repairs to vehicle as needed; this includes but is not limited to, changing out a light, greasing units and adjusting brakes as needed, and once trained perform Preventive Maintenance work when units are in for service while mechanic completes major repairs.
- Use good judgment when driving at all times, including bad weather; call a dispatcher or supervisor if uncomfortable being in certain conditions or unable to complete assignment.
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
Preferred Qualifications: (desired)
- High school diploma or GED
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- CDL with Tanker and Hazmat endorsements
- Must pass a DOT physical and drug screen
- Must pass post offer pre-employment physical job requirements screening
- Must meet DOT and Company requirements
- Must be able to wear proper safety equipment and required PPE
A little about us:
CHS is proud to offer veterans a place to grow their careers. Driven by the values of the farm families who own CHS, our employees focus on helping farmers raise healthy crops.