Penske is widely known for its success on the racetrack, but did you know we employ thousands of truck drivers? Join our team of over 3000 professional truck drivers at Penske Logistics and you'll drive like a champion hauling freight for some of the world's best brands in retail, food, beverage, grocery, foodservice, automotive, manufacturing, electronics, appliances, healthcare, and packaging industries. We manage freight for companies like Ford, GM, BMW, Detroit Diesel, Goodyear, Cardinal Health, Whirlpool, and Wawa. Our professional truck drivers ensure products are delivered safely, efficiently and on-time. Why Penske?
Home daily for most positions. Excellent pay and benefits. Superior trucks and 24/7 roadside support. Dedicated accounts. Great supervisors. Paid time off. 401K. Cash balance pension plan. Training. Tuition Reimbursement. Unlimited career potential.
Our dedicated carriage business is growing and we're recruiting professional truck drivers to join our team. We seek drivers who share our commitment to road safety and a passion for customer service. We offer our truck drivers flexible shifts and positions as well as plenty of home time such as:
By applying to this ad, your contact information will be in our database and you may be notified of current and future job openings. Our Application is Mobile/Tablet Friendly! Can't Apply Online? Call 1-855-CDL-PENSKE Responsibilities:
- Local/Regional Drivers: Transport freight from a local distribution center to local retailers or production facilities. Spend time at-home daily.
- Over-the-Road Drivers: Transport cargo from distribution centers to local distribution outlets. Spend time at-home one night per workweek and on weekends, generally.
- Part-Time/Casual Positions: Enjoy flexible work hours and competitive pay.
-Safe and responsible operation of assigned equipment.
-Ensuring compliance with applicable federal and/or state laws, regulations, and/or agency rules, standards and guidelines.
-Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage before and after route.
-Primary interface with the customer at point of delivery.Qualifications:
- At least 23 years of age
- CDL Class A or Class B license required
- 2 years of verifiable tractor-trailer driving experience in the last 5 years
- 2 years DMV/MVR record with two or fewer moving violations
- Reliable and customer oriented
- Safety oriented
- Submit to a background investigation (to include past employment and criminal history) and drug screening
- Ability to work in non-climate controlled environments required
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening Physical Requirements:
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate must be able to see and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be required to move frequently, stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg.
-The associate must be able to legally operate a motor vehicle and safely and frequently enter/exit the vehicle as well as the rear cargo area.Watch this video to learn more about truck driving careers with Penske
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.