The Supervisor – Facilities may work in any type of facilities location on client premises. This individual provides supervision at the direction of management on site to coordinate activities of workers and/or service employees engaged in facilities operations or services at either larger complex facilities or locations in the areas of commercial, health care, schools, universities or other establishments. He/She coordinates, at the direction of management, key functions and between 3 and 10 employees during the normal course of business. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify other responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may differ among accounts, depending on business necessities and client requirements.
* Serves as a working lead, coordinating activities of maintenance workers or service employees engaged in cleaning and/ or maintaining smaller less complex facilities of commercial, health care facility, school, residence hall, or other establishments.
* Assists in ensuring a safe working environment throughout the facility for all employees.
* Assists in monitoring employee productivity and provides suggestions for increased service or productivity.
* Responsible for the coordination of routine responsibilities of subordinates and assigns. responsibility for specific work or functional activities as directed by on-site management.
* Responsible for orientation and training of employees.
* Performs day to day assignments in addition to lead duties.
* Works with customers to ensure satisfaction in such areas as quality, service, and problem resolution.
* Takes an interest and initiative in the development of the facilities team.
* Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures
* Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
* Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
* Applies all applicable OSHA and related local safety requirements to all assigned work.
* Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
* Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
* Applies some complex skills appropriate for the position.
* Adapts procedures, processes, tools, equipment and techniques to meet the requirements of the position.
* Applies knowledge of department policies and procedures, and utilizes a general understanding of other departments' functions.
* Typically leads 3 to 10 employees.
* May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
* High School diploma, GED or equivalent experience.
* 1 or more years of related work experience.
* Previous supervisory experience preferred.
* Ability to coordinate the routine responsibilities of staff and resources.
* Ability to present self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
* Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
* Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect.
* Ability to maintain a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers and client representatives.
* Ability to provide clear directions and respond accordingly to employees.
* Ability to use all relevant electronic and communication devices.
* Knowledge of and proficiency in all OSHA and local requirements related to all assigned work.
* Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
* Maturity of judgment and behavior.
* Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
* Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with satisfactory regularity in light of Sodexo time and attendance policy and/or client operating hours.
* Ability to work a flexible schedule.
* Must comply with any dress code requirements.
* Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
* /Physical Requirements:/*
* Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without corrective lenses.
* Significant walking or other means of mobility.
* Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
* Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.
*/Working Conditions (may add additional conditions specific to defined work location):/*
* Generally in an indoor setting; however, may participate in outside activities and events.
* Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and extended hours as business dictates.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is primarily in a controlled, temperate environment; however, may be exposed to heat/cold during support of outside activities.
* The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
* Wears protective clothing and/or Personal Protective Equipment required by the work environment or governmental regulations.
*POSITION:* Truck Shop Supervisor
*SCHEDULE*: M-F 40 hours per week
*SHIFT*: 8 HR 7:00-3:30
*PAY:* D.O.E. Hourly Non-Exempt
*GENERAL REQUIREMENTS / SKILLS:*
* Minimum five years maintenance & repair experience specific to DC & IC powered Industrial Vehicles such as Forklifts, Aerial Lifts, Pallet Jacks, Core Trucks, Personnel Carriers & Sweeper/Scrubbers.
* Minimum of three years experience as a senior technician ( Supervisory experience preferred)
* Excellent organizational and communication skills
* Must be detail-oriented
* Multi-task oriented
* Ability to prioritize
* Work independently as well as in a team environment
* Experience interviewing, terminating, disciplining, evaluating and training employees
* Ability to implement new systems and processes
* Oversee and assist with daily operations
* Instruct and train all maintenance employees in maintenance procedures and equipment usage
* Assist with inventory control for operating supplies & parts
* Assist with purchase of shop materials and supplies
* Oversee and help process all work orders
* Oversee and formalize the scheduling of all work requests
* Oversee all documentation including checklists, inspections, preventative maintenance, and safety
* Research new products for specific applications
* Provide shift coverage (7am-7pm) as required to cover employee vacation and/or sick leave outages.
* Champion the 6S program & maintain a clean, organized & safe work environment.
* Capable of utilizing/learning the following computer software/programs.
o Microsoft Office Excel, Outlook, Word
o CMMS for work orders, employee productivity, equipment history & reporting
o SAP for material requests & reporting
o Labor Management for employee payroll processing
* Excellent record keeping skills with the ability to account for employee paid labor hours while ensuring work order documentation for corrective & planned maintenance repair actions are accurate.
o Ensure employees enter labor hours against the appropriate asset on each work order & provide accurate documentation/notes in CMMS.
o Daily time sheets & CMMS work orders must be audited for accuracy & filed accordingly.
* Actively utilize & complete assigned developmental training.
* Perform additional tasks/duties within the Supervisor skill set as identified or required.
* Capable of obtaining site issued Forklift, Aerial Lift, Overhead Crane & Personnel Carrier operator s license as well as a Sodexo Supervisor Certificate.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer. Sodexo is committed to upholding the spirit and principles of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the 1998 amendment to the Act. If, due to a disability, you require a reasonable accommodation to navigate this site and/or complete the on-line application process, please contact SodexoFrontlineApplicationSupport.USA@sodexo.com for assistance. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here.