This is an exciting opportunity to become a key member of the growing RR Donnelley team!
The Truckload Operations Team Lead works as part of an energetic, fast paced group focused on providing the highest level of service to our clients and vendors. This position is perfect for outgoing, hard-working people who are passionate about providing excellent service, creating value, and helping to lead a team. In this role, you will be responsible for maintaining a portfolio of shippers and carriers, act as the liaison between the customer, carrier, shipper and receiver and obtain and negotiate rates in order to manage the movement of goods for internal and external customers. You will also serve as a team lead to the Truckload Operations group. If you are highly motivated, organized, thrive on solving problems, have strong people skills and have the ability to manage your time and resources independently and effectively, this is the position for you. We are passionate about our people, our philosophy, and our success.
Accountable to develop and maintain the most cost effective and efficient logistics platform to maximize profitability. This includes service optimization, procurement solutions, track and trace interfaces or issues and handling escalated customer sales interactions.
Work is typically performed under minimal daily supervision, receiving guidance from manager/supervisor about the work that needs to be completed.
- Procure and source carriers to successfully haul available freight
- Establish and cultivate partnerships with carriers that improve cost and value service
- Negotiate rates with carrier partners to achieve acceptable or above target profitability numbers
- Communicate with internal and external clients to understand their transportation requirements and to relay important information relative to existing loads
- Identify consistent capacity opportunities within your carrier base that overlap with consistent lane opportunities provided by our clients
- Provide clients with alternative solutions to resolve service deviations
- Proactively identify new opportunities to leverage our network capabilities for our client base
- Assist tracing efforts of all shipments to ensure pickup and delivery requirements are achieved
- Recommend modal choices and transportation solutions based on factors including costs, transit times, and overall service requirements
- Participate in on-call rotation that may include after hours and weekend coverage based on client needs
- Achieve mastery of market trends and seasonality in the dynamic transportation marketplace
- Provide internal or external clients accurate quotes on new business opportunities when requested
- Aid in retrieval of load documentation from carriers when requested
- Responsible for the performance of their assigned pods
- Aid in carrier procurement training for individuals within their pod
- Increase performance for the pods in areas including but not limited to rates, macropoint usage, and on time performance
- Ensure all loads booked by their pod members have all required information to sell to carriers before tendering loads over
- Help implement new projects taken on within their pod’s regions
- Involved in SOP creation. Follows SOP’s and work instructions and supports positive results in conjunction with Supervisor and Manager
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned
A little about us:
Join a company changing the fast-moving world of communications, where people like, link, pin, post and share. At RR Donnelley, we do it all.