This position supports sales in providing timely, accurate responses to spot quote requests. The spot pricing analyst is responsible for conducting research and staying up to date on current market trends, to ensure that accurate pricing is submitted to different sales groups.
- Monitor quote queue and provide timely responses to spot quote requests.
- Communicate with various sales groups to ensure that all needs are being met.
- Act as a liaison between sales and operations in regards to truckload pricing requests.
- Communicate with operations teams to determine market capacity.
- Understand contracted truckload rates and capacity and look for ways to leverage RRD’s platform on the spot market.
- Maintain spot quote database.
- Understand factors that drive transportation costs and use that knowledge when quoting for sales.
- Work with reporting team to provide data needed for daily/weekly/monthly reports.
- Assist in RFP pricing requests as business dictates.
A little about us:
Join a company changing the fast-moving world of communications, where people like, link, pin, post and share. At RR Donnelley, we do it all.