The primary role of the Maintenance Mechanic is to provide competent & effective mechanic maintenance support to Plant operations. The ability to perform work safely, meet the needs of Operations, execute the maintenance program & comply w/all safety codes is paramount. The Mechanic must identify, troubleshoot & repair problems in mechanical systems that occur in production equipment & processes. He/she must be able to run tests, isolate problems, remove/replace failed components, determine failure modes by studying worn components & perform other tasks as necessary. He/she also performs preventive maintenance & upgrades to mechanical systems.
The Mechanic is recognized as skilled & knowledgeable in mechanical systems & is sought out to support troubleshooting, development of process/system improvements, preventive & predictive maintenance development & contractor performance monitoring, when necessary, for new equipment or process systems. He/she is responsible for notifying management if a workplace becomes too hazardous because of some mechanical problem. Function Related Activities / Key responsibilities: Shift Flexibility Required (subject to union seniority rules)
- Responsible for installing, repairing, servicing machinery and equipment support systems
- Identifying and trouble-shooting production problems
- Maintaining production lines and performing predictive and preventive maintenance
- Ability to Weld
- Electric knowledge
- Lubrication and Fabrication Knowledge
- Knowledge of Plumbing
- Knowledge of pneumatics and hydraulics
- Knowledge of PLC controls
- Working knowledge of hand and power tools.
- Ability to read diagrams, blueprints and schematics.
- Operate equipment through proper program controls
- Comply with Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Comply with all Safety Policies and Procedures.
- Comply with all Coca-Cola Quality System procedures.
- Record inspection requirements and data on provided forms.
- Forklift operations/inspections.
- Training of new associates.
- Fill in on any lines when needed.
- Ability to understand, record, and communicate system problems and solutions.
- Demonstrate good attendance.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and comprehend English.
- Ability to work extended hours, weekends and holidays.
- Move and lift material weighing 50 pounds to distances of 10 feet or more, floor to waist.
- Ability to hand stack cases of product from floor to overhead weighing up to 35 pounds repetitively up to 8 hours.
- Ability to push and pull force of 80lbs.
- Ability to squat and bend over at the waist.
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time in temperature extremes on a daily basis up to 12 hours.
- Any other duties as assigned to ensure the effectiveness, efficiency, and quality of products, processes and work environment.
- Education - Associates Degree (technical degree preferred)
- Related Work Experience - 2 years' experience in manufacturing maintenance
- DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to appropriately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler)
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our brands, our System, our customers and key stakeholders
- INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential
Honesty and integrity have always been cornerstone values of The Coca-Cola Company. Our passion for people of integrity mirrors our spirited drive for total quality in our brands. These and other elements allow the company to sustain strategic practices and drive business performance. The Personnel Integrity Assurance Program is another step toward making The Coca-Cola Company the premier workplace. This process includes a pre-employment background investigation that applies to all applicants, employees, and contractors of the company. The scope of this inquiry may cover such elements as education, employment history, a criminal history check, reference checks, and a pre-employment drug screen. Designated countries or sensitive positions within the company may have more stringent standards.
At The Coca-Cola Company you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top