Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
ORGANIZATION: StubHub, www.stubhub.com (an eBay company NASDAQ: EBAY)
StubHub is the world's largest ticket marketplace, enabling fans to buy and sell tickets to tens of thousands of sports, concert, theater and other live entertainment events. StubHub reinvented the ticket resale market in 2000 and continues to lead it through innovation. The company's unique online marketplace, dedicated solely to tickets, provides all fans the choice to buy or sell their tickets in a safe, convenient and highly reliable environment. All transactions are processed and delivered by StubHub and backed by the company's FanProtect Guarantee™ processing a ticket every second today with billions of ticket sales each year globally. Company partners MLB, AEG, ESPN and many leading teams such as the San Francisco Giants and University of Texas, along with over 60 other teams in MLB, NBA, NHL and NCAA.
StubHub One – We act as one team in pursuit of connecting people through inspiring event experiences.
At StubHub, we are:
Driven – We strive for excellence – constantly improving our game
Courageous – We are bold & not afraid to challenge the status quo
Inventive – We see what others don’t & pioneer new paths
Richly Diverse – We recognize & respect everyone as a unique individual
Brand – We experience the world through StubHub
StubHub's Trust and Safety team is responsible for minimizing bad experiences for our customers, our marketplace, and non-customers alike. Our Investigators and Threat Analysts support the detection, prevention, investigation, and intelligence gathering of threats, abuse and any criminal activity against StubHub and our customers.
The candidate will be self-driven that can work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment, working directly with the Sr. Manager of Trust & Safety: Investigations & Compliance.
What we’ll ask of you:
- Independently conduct external and internal investigations with minimal supervision
- Identify external threat intelligence for analysis and risk mitigation
- Produce incident reports while managing sensitive and/or confidential information
- Review and document various forms of digital evidence: financial/transaction records, web traffic/IP address logs, audit logs and open source data for potential threats/subjects
- Conduct comprehensive subject interviews, at times under stressful environments
- Maintain relationships with peers from law enforcement, academia and private industry and stay current on developing cybercrime trends and threats
- Work closely with law enforcement on criminal investigations and prosecutions, including testimony at criminal trials as necessary
- Manage and respond to law enforcement requests (e.g. subpoenas) in a timely manner
- Assist with management and enforcement of US compliance program
- Collaborate with internal teams on risk and fraud strategies, policies, products, or processes based on multiple sources of investigative and threat intelligence
- Work with SOC Incident Response team on attacks targeting our users to include analysis, investigation, and education/awareness efforts
You should already be:
- Strong working knowledge of the Internet and a strong belief in making the Internet a safe, viable means of commerce
- Highly knowledgeable in the criminal justice systems (local, state and federal) and proven ability to coordinate investigations with law enforcement and prosecutorial agencies
- Highly knowledgeable in web session and external threat intelligence and analysis
- Experienced in conducting sensitive and confidential investigations and intelligence gathering using open web and clandestine resources
- Experienced and proven ability to gather, organize and analyze physical and digital evidence
- Experienced in conducting interviews of potential subjects (external and internal)
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to translate highly complex fraud scenarios that can be easily understood by internal and external business partners
We’d like to see:
- Bachelor's Degree in Criminal Justice or related field is strongly preferred
- 3+ years of experience conducting government and/or corporate fraud, or
- 3+ identity fraud and/or high tech/cyber-crime investigations, or
- 3+ years of experience with a Master’s degree in criminal justice, or
- 3+ business, or related cyber threat intelligence field may be substituted
eBay is a global commerce platform and payments leader connecting millions of buyers and sellers.