At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Software Developer for the Transportation Safety Division located in Maplewood, Minnesota. Be part of what's next! Job Summary:The person hired for the position of senior .NET Software Developer will primarily be responsible for working interdependently with a team of architects and developers to design, develop and implement business applications supporting initiatives. This includes, but is not limited to working with a team lead to design application frameworks, create technical specifications, provide leadership and guidance to development teams, and to provide enhancements and new development to an existing suite of applications, while adhering to standards and guidelines within 3M TSD. This role will be part of the Software Development Team. This position presents a unique opportunity to work and learn in a diverse and talented environment that rewards innovation and provides exceptional career growth. Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Working with a team lead to utilize technical specifications; provide product enhancements; and new product development to an existing suite of applications
- Debugging and analyzing code
- Develop new code to support business functional requirements and rules
- Understands the necessity of and contributes to establishing and enforcing coding standards.
- Working with team members to ensure a high quality end product
- Manage all aspects of the software development lifecycle and workflow, estimation and target date planning, work plan development and monitoring, stakeholder communication, quality assurance, development methods/techniques, testing methods/techniques and implementation planning and execution
- Maintain existing VB6 and .Net based applications; Coordinate production support activities of the team, with focus on timely and accurate resolution of issues
- Enhance applications to meet customer requirements
- Research and correct problems identified during testing
- Assist in producing technical documentation
- Perform as liaison to end users as needed
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited institution
- Minimum three (3) years of software development experience
- Experience in .NET (C#) system design and development
- Experience in .NET (C#) system design and development is required, familiar with .NET development tools and frameworks such as Visual Studio, TFS, etc.
- Strong analytical, logic based problem solving and decision making skills
- Strong verbal, presentation, and written communications skills for technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience in VB system design and development.
- 3+ years of experience working with multiple key relational database management system (RDBMS) platforms and related tools such as SQL Server and Oracle.
- 3+ years of experience working with service framework (SOAP, XML, XSD, WCF RESTful ) and Entity framework.
- 3+ years of experience with MVC.
- Experience in Reporting service is a plus.
- Working Knowledge of Networking and Windows Registry.
- Experience developing unit tests and implementing test automation processes.
- Ability to coordinate, prioritize and shift between multiple projects.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative and also work as a team member in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new tools and technologies.
: Maplewood, MinnesotaTravel:
May include up to 30% travelRelocation Benefits
are authorized for this position
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
A little about us:
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.