At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Support Services Developer for the Transportation Safety Division located in Maplewood, MinnesotaJob Summary:
We are looking for a technical support services analyst to support both our customer base, as well as, our internal transportation safety division IT needs. This candidate must be able to work independently as well as on teams, be task oriented, and can provide both remote and on-site services. Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Responsive and preventative addressing of customer/solution based issues
- Responsive and preventative addressing of internal IT needs
- Analyzing and modifying/updating application code to address customer issues/upgrades.
- Adapts differing techniques and methods to deal with variations in work conditions and operations to solve technical problems.
- Reports to manager on key milestones and critical business initiatives.
- Applies extensive experience, strong analytical skills and knowledge of related and non-related approaches, precedents and policies to situations to facilitate resolutions of issues.
- Experience in VB system design and development
- Any combination of the following experience and education from an accredited institution:
1) Master's degree AND a minimum three (3) years of experience in technical support and/or IT services
2) Bachelor ' s degree AND a minimum four ( 4) years of experience in technical support and/or IT services
3) Vocational/Trade/Technical diploma or Associates degree AND a minimum five ( 5) years of experience in technical support and/or IT services
4) GED/High School diploma AND a minimum seven ( 7) years of experience in technical support and/or IT services Preferred Qualifications:
- Master's degree or higher from an accredited university
- Minimum ten (10) years' technical experience
- Other technical and/or project related certifications
- Minimum three (3) years of experience working with multiple key relational database management system (RDBMS) platforms and related tools such as SQL Server and Oracle.
- Minimum three (3)years of experience working with service framework (SOAP, XML, XSD, WCF RESTful ) and Entity framework.
- Minimum three (3)years of experience with MVC.
- Experience in Reporting service is a plus.
- Working Knowledge of Networking and Windows Registry.
- Experience working with safety, law enforcement and other government agencies
- Self-starter that leads with high energy, focus and passion
- Excellent technical and logical problem solving and decision making skills
- Strong verbal, presentation, and written communications skills for technical and non-technical audiences
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills (bilingual/multilingual a plus)
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office® (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project)
- Results oriented with strong process and execution skills
: Maplewood, MinnesotaTravel:
May include up to 30% travelRelocation Benefits
are authorized for this position
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.