The Turnaround Manager will provide leadership to the Whiting Refinery Turnaround (TAR) Team. As the Turnaround Manager, you will serve as a valued member of the Maintenance Leadership Team. You will collaborate with key stake holders including Operations, Projects, Inspection, HSSE, Maintenance, and Technical to plan and accomplish all Whiting Refinery Turnaround Activity. You lead the TAR team in facilitating the successful completion of all turnarounds in a safe, environmentally compliant, and high quality manner that meets the TAR schedule and budget. You will work in partnership with your team to develop the scope, budget and schedule for the Turnarounds. Additionally, you will foster a safe and inclusive culture for your team that focuses on running safely and reliably, and promoting the BP Values.Key accountabilities
- Accountable for delivery of the TAR program within the sanctioned plans (DSP). This includes the following:
- Integration of the unit shutdowns, startups and TAR mechanical work activities into a master schedule during the Define Stage and delivery of the TAR within those schedule boundaries. This further includes providing bridge of information that explains bench mark deltas. With a goal of reaching 1Q/2Q Solomon performance.
- Accountable for providing accurate cost and schedule estimates for all approved work scope including change orders.
- Execution within the agreed boundaries of safety, environment, quality, schedule, cost, intended Unit rates and durations.
- Responsible for jointly approving change orders with the Deputy Operations Manager.
- Maintain and develop capability for the Refinery to carry out the turnaround strategy and to deliver the Refinery TAR portfolio development and execution.
- Appoint and mentor the TAR Event Managers and TAR Superintendents.
- Owner of TAR systems/work processes for the development and execution of TARs
- Owner of the TAR Common Process and accountable for providing the leadership to drive the TAR Team and all stake holders (Operations, Projects, Inspection, HSSE, Maintenance, Technical) to meet TAR Common Practice milestones.
- Facilitate the Refinery TAR Steering Team meetings.
- Measures and reports on Refinery TAR capability and performance.
- Continuously improve site TAR planning and execution capability working with the Refining Technology and Engineering (RTE) Turnaoround Support Team.
- Interface with other departments for effective turnaround Front End Loading ( FEL) and execution.
- Connect the Refinery to the central functions and other Refineries; represents the Refinery on the TAR CIF.
- Engages with the Turnaround FEL Advisor to perform assessments at agreed upon stages of TCP.
- Provide Leadership to support a culture of diversity and inclusion
- Provide leadership to maintain a safe work environment by supporting a proactive HSSE program.
- Develop TAR specific HSSE plans to establish a common framework of rules and expectations.
- Accountable for the environmental performance during the execution of the mechanical work.
- Responsible for assisting in the development of the 10 year TAR Strategy for the Refinery and execution of those plans to meet the annual budget each year.
- Accountable for the development of TAR Resource Requirements and Plans, assigning resources under direct control and providing the TAR Gatekeeper with recommendations for other requirements.
- Accountable for the review of plans for TAR Projects in order to provide input concerning cost and schedule estimates and constructability during FEL.
- Accountable for the execution of TAR Projects on safety, quality, schedule and cost.
- Accountable for Contractor Relationship Management activities.
A High School Diploma is required. A Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or a Technical discipline is highly preferred.Essential experience and job requirements
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
- 15 Years of refinery or petrochemical site maintenance experience
- 10 years of Turnaround experience
- 5 years of experience leading direct reports
There are no additional requirements. Please respond with N/A below.Desirable criteria & qualifications
- Strong understanding and capability associated with project management, controls, contract/procurement strategy development, TAR strategy development/dependencies (with maintenance, inspection, operations, project, commercial).
- Possess business case capability of a major project leader. Strong leader with demonstrated track record of working across organizational boundaries to enroll and energize teams to deliver.
- Capability and competency to coach, guide and mentor TAR Event Managers and Superintendents, effectively utilizing leadership framework to accomplish this, i.e., value expertise, energize people, act decisively, and deliver results (specific to TAR program safety, quality, schedule and cost).
- Working understanding of Solomon Benchmarking and how it applies to turnarounds.
NegotiableIs this a part time position?
Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future
The BP Whiting Refinery is located on the south-western shore of Lake Michigan and the Indiana Harbor Ship Canal in the communities of Whiting, East Chicago and Hammond, Indiana. Whiting Refinery is the second largest refinery in the BP refining system, and the 6th largest refinery in the United States. Operations began in 1889, prior to the advent of the automobile.
Today, BP is investing several billion dollars in Northwest Indiana to modernize its Whiting Refinery for the processing of heavier crudes. The modernization is essential to the long-term viability of the refinery, and includes well over a billion dollars in environmental improvements. BP Whiting Refinery employs thousands of full-time employees and contractors. The Whiting Refinery Modernization Project is employing thousands of additional contractors. The modernization project will provide for greater energy security in the Midwest, as conventional supplies of the lighter crudes diminish, and are replaced by heavier crudes.
As we progress with the project, the health, safety and security of our employees, and of those who come into contact with our operations and products, remains our highest priority. Our policy is that no job is worth doing, unless it is done safely, while protecting our shared natural environment.Segment
[ "08-Mar-2018" ]
A little about us:
One of the world's leading international oil & gas companies, BP employs over 80,000 talented minds in 80 countries, fostering innovation & diversity.