What you will do
The Tyco Service Technician / Inspector is responsible for conducting routine inspections, testing, service, and preventative maintenance on Electrical, Sprinkler or Suppression life safety product lines as well as similar competitive manufacturers' product lines. You will install and repair low voltage wiring and associated devices for the operation of fire alarm and associated systems. While working with low voltage wiring and associated devices for the operation of low voltage equipment you will also install fire alarm, CCTV, access control, security, and communication systems. This position entails wiring new equipment according to blueprints, plan layout and install wiring, conduit and electrical apparatus in facilities. You will maintain and update schematics, drawings and documentation files on equipment and notify engineering of changes. The Tyco Service Technician / Inspector will complete Service Acknowledgements with proper coding through communication devices such as laptop computers and/or hard copy. Input, retrieve and archive inspection and other documents via laptop computer. May make minor repairs and programming changes under authorized supervision. How you will do it
As a Tyco Service Technician / Inspector you will apply judgment based on practice and precedence as well as frequently resolve problems through the research of multiple alternatives. You will complete assigned inspections on time as well as follow and maintain a highly structured schedule. You will maintain proper documentation for all work performed and may review project drawings to obtain all facts necessary to perform installation activities according to specifications. You will be available to work alternative shifts or weekends to meet customer and/or job requirements and will participate in a scheduled after hours on-call rotation. You will also adhere to all company safety policies and procedures. What we look for
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Possess a valid driver's license and driving record that meets company requirements.
- Some documented experience in low voltage electrical systems.
- Achieve NICET Level I certification within 9 months.
- Able to obtain and retain any licenses that are required by National, State and Local codes.
- Experience in reading and interpreting blueprints, diagrams, submittals, specifications, programs schematics and operational/product manuals.
- Experience with hand tools and multi-meter usage.
- Demonstrates an aptitude for troubleshooting systems and performing necessary repairs.
- Excellent communication skills, using tact and diplomacy when dealing with customers and team members.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Capable of performing physical labor to include carrying and moving equipment and tools up to 50-70 lbs.
- Able to work in unusual and sometimes difficult position such as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 40 feet, working within ducts, crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc.
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends to meet customer requirements.
- Willing to travel out of town including overnight lodging.
- Demonstrate a high level of customer service.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Self-starter that can work with little to no supervision.
- Ability to adhere to, implement, and follow safety guidelines and procedures at all times.
- Strong organizational skills, positive attitude, and an ability to learn quickly.
- Able to pass a pre-employment background and drug test.
- 2 - 4 years of experience in low voltage installation experience preferred.
- Knowledge of NFPA and NEC codes preferred.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou.
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.