About the company
A career at the company offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, the company colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. the company, a global leader in the biopharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
Performs normal warehousing functions (receiving, handling, storing, issuing and delivering customer orders, operating forklifts and other material handling equipment and preparing finished product for external shipment) and operates the company truck in the delivery of product to internal customers.
1. Receives all materials into the warehouse (checks for damages prior to receiving), and attaches identification labels to materials and marks information on boxes as required, enters receipts into log books/computer, as required.
2. Stages requisitions, attaches labels and hang tags and relocates material to designated staging area.
3. Loads and unloads material to and from Production Centers.
4. Maintains all inventory records on manual/computer system.
5. Loads and unloads materials onto or from trucks, pallets, racks, and shelves by hand or with a forklift and/or other material handling equipment.
6. Lifts heavy objects by hand, dolly, and forklift manual and/or electric pallet jack.
7. Loads materials into company vehicles and secures to prevent shifting or damage in transit.
8. Transfers materials to/from Production and Warehouse(s) areas, as required.
9. Operates company truck to deliver and pickup product from production and/or intra-state transportation of materials and equipment.
10. Prepares material and finished product (including palletizing, wrapping, and banding) for shipment to customers via UPS, FedEx, common carrier, etc. together when necessary.
11. Returns material to stock and makes appropriate inventory entries.
12. Performs cycle counts of inventory, as required.
13. Have company vehicle serviced as needed.
14. Deliver materials to various MMT facilities with company truck or van.
15. Perform appropriate housekeeping duties.
16. Other duties as assigned.
Must have a Class A, B, or C (CDL) with air brakes and HAZMAT certification with a minimum of 2 years driving experience. Must be able to pass a drug and alcohol screening and job fitness physical. This position must be able to maintain a valid Commercial Driver's License (CDL, Class C, with air brakes and HAZMAT). Must be able to pass and maintain controlled substance clearance once employed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or Associates Degree with one to three years related
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, memos, and write simple correspondence experience and/or training in the areas of inventory control and/or warehousing.
Other Skills and Abilities:
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization. Ability to work with various computer operating systems and have accurate data entry skills.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
All new external applicants will be required to pass an assessment test.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk up to 8-12 hours a shift; balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust and focus.
The employee must wear all required safety equipment and perform assigned work in a safe manner. Employee must use proper lifting techniques and be conscious of hazards around him/her. Must comply with all safety labels on incoming or outgoing materials.
Other Information - Internal
Colleagues who are issued an Incident Final Warning (IFW) on or after January 1, 2016, are not eligible to post and compete for a position for a period of 12-months from the date an IFW is issued.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
the company is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. the company also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
This job is open only to Lawful Permanent Residents (as defined by 8 U.S.C. •1101(a)(20)), or Protected Individuals (as defined by 8 U.S.C. •1324b(a)(3), namely, U.S. Citizens, Refugees, and Asylees.
A little about us:
Join Pfizer in our mission to find sustainable solutions to the most urgent health care challenges of our time. Your service is needed.