UAlbany Dining Catering Sales Coordinator
Location: Albany, New York
Posted: December 03, 2017
Reference ID: berkshire31793-2017##30199
The Unit Clerk will complete the clerical tasks assigned by the supervisor in accordance with corporate guidelines. Provide accurate, friendly, quality service to customers/clients when processing customer/client transactions. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify other responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may differ among accounts, depending on business necessities and client requirements.
* Performs routine and varied clerical duties in accordance with standard procedures.
* Performs activities such as photocopying, compiling records, filing, tabulating, posting information and scheduling appointments.
* Writes types or enters information into computer to prepare correspondence.
* Prepares issues and sends out receipts, bills, policies, invoices, statements and checks.
* Maintains records, prepares forms, verifies information and resolves routine problems.
* Operates various office machines.
* Opens and routes incoming mail, answers correspondence and prepares outgoing mail.
* Answers telephone, conveys messages and runs errands.
* May receive, count and deposit cash, as needed.
* May include human resources functions (including benefit administration, personnel action forms and payroll processing) for the unit as well as the district and region.
* Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
* Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
* Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
* Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
* May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
* /Job Qualifications:/*
* High School diploma, GED, or equivalent experience.
* 0 to 1 years related experience.
* Presents self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
* Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
* Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect.
* Maintains a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers, and client representatives.
* Must have basic phone and computer skills (email, texting, etc.).
* Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
* Maturity of judgment and behavior.
* Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
* Maintains a positive attitude.
* Ability to work a flexible schedule helpful.
* Must comply with any dress code requirements.
* Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
* Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with satisfactory regularity.
* Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without corrective lenses.
* Significant walking or other means of mobility.
* Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
* Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.
*/Working Conditions (may add additional conditions specific to defined work location):/*
* Generally in an indoor setting; however, may supervise outside activities and events.
* Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and extended hours as business dictates.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is primarily in a controlled, temperate environment; however, may be exposed to heat/cold during support of outside activities.
* The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
*Catering Sales Coordinator*
The Catering Sales Coordinator is responsible to assist the Catering Manager and the Director of Catering in the efficient running of the department. Responsibilities include providing optimum customer service and administrative support to include menu creation and event development, employee scheduling, sales, accounting and customer service. Other duties include ordering supplies, creating invoices, handling problems, complete employee payroll and meet/interface with clients to obtain catering details, plan(s), special event and/or meal requirements etc. Sales duties include correct event pricing, and as directed, follow up with vendors on behalf of the Catering Manager and/or Director. Exercises initiative and judgment to expedite significant matters or refers them to appropriate authority. Sensitivity to and protection of confidential matters/information is required.
* Answers incoming telephone calls for Catering department
* Responds to telephone/electronic inquiries by determining client s needs and specifications for referral to Catering Sales Manager and/or Director as appropriate
* Promote sales by assisting customers and offering suggestions. Possess and stay current on product knowledge to promote catering sales.
* Prepares Catering proposals using creative advice on menu, decor, service, floor plan space needs, etc.
* Effectively interfaces with Executive Chef and culinary staff as directed to ensure all event information has been passed on in order to ensure a successful event.
* Plans and organizes in-house meetings and events as instructed by Director of Catering
* Assists with creating catering event orders and will make changes as directed by the Catering Director.Follows through on changes with client as directed.
* Produce daily billing and provide to controller s office for invoicing.
* Processes all incoming/outgoing Catering Department correspondences.
* Detail and document all phases of the sales cycle from initial booking to thank you letter and evaluation.
* Ensures that all filing is current and organized
* Gathers and organizes all materials for weekly/monthly reports as directed
* Maintains professional customer service interaction with Catering Department clients and Catering Department staff.Promotes teamwork within the unit.
* As directed, assists in assigned correspondence tasks on behalf Director of Catering Sales
* Completes necessary documentation for telephone requests, amenity requests, key requests, banner requests, transportation request and vendor requests, suite requests and AV requests.
* Applies for liquor permits for catering and concessions
* Reviews building reports daily to stay on top of space reservations and catering needs of customer.
* Demonstrates and promote the company culture, values and management philosophy.
* Consistently engages and demonstrates attentive listening and clear communication and listening skills with clients, customers and associates.
* If needed, assists in the execution of events as directed.
* Other projects as assigned by the Director of Catering or Designate.
* Must be adaptable, self-starting, and energetic with a positive demeanor
* Proven ability to work in a diverse, multi-cultural environment and with diverse
* Catering Event and Catertrax entry experience a plus.
* 3-5 years food services and/or catering experience and local market knowledge.
* Proven ability to multi-task and prioritize.Self directed with work responsibilities.
* Proficient computer skills including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Power Point,
Excel, and Outlook. Delphi experience preferred.
* Required to work some evenings, weekends, and/or overtime
* Knowledgeable and compliant with HAACP and be able to follow HAACP guidelines and pass certification examination.
* High School or G.E.D.
* Associate degree in Food Services, Culinary, Business preferred.
* Working Conditions / Physical Demands*
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Must be able to sit, walk, stand, bend for extended periods of time. Must be able to carry and/or lift supplies and equipment. On occasion, supplies and equipment may weigh up to fifty (50 pounds). Minimal travel may be required.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer. Sodexo is committed to upholding the spirit and principles of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the 1998 amendment to the Act. If, due to a disability, you require a reasonable accommodation to navigate this site and/or complete the on-line application process, please contact SodexoFrontlineApplicationSupport.USA@sodexo.com for assistance. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here.