Timing: Summer 2018
Location: Albany, NY; Northern & Southern CA; Madison, WI; Boulder, CO Role Description:
Activision Blizzard is looking for talented animator to join our team for the summer. You will have the opportunity to create gameplay animations such as first person weapons, 1st person interaction events, and third person player movements. You must be able to thrive in a challenging environment, with an aptitude for critical thinking and analysis, and a deep passion for videogames. We are looking for someone to join our talented team as we continue to develop the best gameplay experiences in the industry.
What would you be doing?
- Learn facial asset and animation pipeline
- Generate useful results from blendshape rig
- Explore use of animation in AR/VR
- Learn body motion capture animation pipeline
- Create animations of great quality for characters, objects and cinematic sequences
- Deliver animations that respect the technical limitations of the project
- Work in collaboration with the other artists and programmers
- Cleanup in scenes for SP missions or cinematics
- Act as a stage hand to help with cleanup of motion capture marker data
- Knowledge of traditional animation and anatomy
- Minimum of two (2) school or personal projects as 3D animator;
- Positive attitude towards teamwork
- Passion for video games
- Knowledge of 3D Studio Max, Maya or experience with another 3D software
- Desire to learn and go beyond expectations
- Organized and able to meet the established deadlines
**Please include a link to your online code or portfolio sample on you resume**
Great Games Start with Great People!
This is an exciting time to join us!
Ask anyone who works at Activision, or with Activision, their favorite thing about it, and they'll tell you, it's the people. We have world class brands, infrastructure and resources, but our success doesn't come from assembly lines producing widgets. Our success comes from people producing greatness together. We are nothing without our employee's brilliance. So if you're interested in our biggest priority, it's the people.
Headquartered in Santa Monica, CA, Activision operates at the intersection of technology, entertainment, esports, and consumer products. Activision is more than just the leading developer and publisher of video games, we are the creators of some of the world's biggest, most ground-breaking titles in the industry. Our portfolio includes Call of Duty ® , Skylanders ® , and Destiny ® .
A little about us:
We are lucky to work in a business where imagination, creativity, and play aren't only encouraged, they're required.