The top skills needed for a successful candidate:
1) Hands-on Call Manager (CUCM) experience: This role will encompass engineering, administration, or operations support of CUCM.
2) Hands-on experience with Gateways: configuring and troubleshooting
3) Hands-on experience with SIP: configuring and troubleshooting
Day to Day:
The role of this engineer is to provide network monitoring using Cisco Prime Infrastructure. The day-to-day will be broken into two parts:
1) 50% of their day (4 hrs) will be spent taking customer calls for support that fall within the network monitoring space. This will be operational and reactive. As cases come in, this person will work them to resolution according to priority level.
2) 50% of their day (4 hrs) will be spent working backlogs (cases that have accumulated and need to be resolved).
All of these will require some combination of the following: troubleshooting, debugs, handling tickets, closing cases, scheduling meetings with vendors and/or customers, recreating the incident and working the case in a the lab, or working collaboratively with other engineers. All of this in an effort to provide advanced support of the product suite to their federal and state and local customers.
This role is not like a help desk. This person will be doing higher level troubleshooting that requires the SME to be very technical, working with multi-vendor, integrated solutions. This is a Tier 3 position, requiring the ability to assess the customer's situation, and help develop an action plan to will get them where they want to be. They also need to have excellent communication and customer service skills. This is a very collaborative environment so being a team player is a must. This is not a design / Architecture role.
Additional skills and focus areas within the role and day-to-day functions:
* Focus will be on CUCM (Cisco Unified Communications/Call Manager).
* SIP, SCCP, MGCP
* Familiar in how to read logs/traces from CUCM
* Tier 3 troubleshooting expertise
* Gateway knowledge: configuration, administration, and troubleshooting
Nice to haves: CUBE, IMP, Jabber, UCCX, UCCE, but not necessary.
This position does need to sit in RTP. The individual needs to be fine working an 8 hour shift between the hours of 8am and 8pm. Whatever the need is at that time.
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options.
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.