* CCNP/VP or equivalent experience
* 7-10 years' experience supporting:
o Core Switching (Nexus)
o Access switching (3500 series and up)
o WAN routing and protocols (BGP, OSPF, etc.)
o Firewall Management (rules, policies, port access)
• - Palo Alto and Cisco ASA
o Segmentation strategy and VLAN management
o QoS management
o ACL management
o Route table management
* Some exposure to/experience with the following:
o Cisco UC
• - CUCM
• - Unity
• - UCCx
o Cisco Security
• - NAC/ISE
Additionally, the Network Engineer will provide the following services:
* Drive network specific incident resolution calls/discussions.
* Drive network specific root-cause analysis calls/discussions.
* Provide monthly metrics reporting as mutually agreed.
* Define and maintain a functional and hierarchical escalation matrix within the Manatt escalation process and tools.
* Define and maintain the patch and release management policy and execute proactive and critical patching per policy definition.
Roles and Responsibilities
Overall, the Network Engineer will be responsible for the following tasks and activities:
* Responsible for advanced troubleshooting for incidents, problem management and proactive maintenance and support.
* Work with Tier 1 NOC provider to support escalated incidents and/or problems.
* Perform repeatable engineering procedures in support of incident resolution and problem resolution.
* Leverage system and networking diagnostic tools and skills to provide Tier 2 and 3 troubleshooting and configuration of servers and server based tools and applications.
* Participate in the identification and resolution of critical outages.
* Provide technical guidance to User Support and other IT support teams as required.
* Contribute to knowledge articles for inclusion in the shared knowledgebase.
* Define and execute proactive change and release management.
* Execute advanced server related projects as defined by the Systems Architecture team.
* Receive and Remediate escalations from PCM (NoC) team as applicable.
* Network troubleshooting, performance tuning and root cause analysis
* Recommend short and long-term strategic plans for the network, when applicable
* Recommend network monitoring solutions for security, capacity and performance, when applicable
* Interface with vendors and service providers to ensure reliable network operations
* Participate in software and hardware implementations, upgrades and troubleshooting
* Create and update network topology diagrams and diagrams where needed
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options.
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.