We are looking for a UI/Front-End Web Developer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. You will work with application developers to bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
* Work with the Application Development team to implement UX/UI features and roll out new functionality.
* Utilizing coding and design experience to develop robust web-client user interfaces which integrate with various server-side components and back-end systems.
* Translating prototypes and designs into clean, valid, launch-ready code.
* Exploration of new technologies/industry trends and technical innovation.
* Creation of Proof-of-Concepts using new technologies.
* Handling multiple project requirements and making appropriate technical decisions
* Collaboration with product managers, designers, and software engineers to ensure design vision is maintained, final markup is standards compliant, and UI deliverables are completed on time
* Working with the quality assurance team to conduct usability and accessibility review for products and define usability requirements
* Accessibility review for products and define usability requirements
Skills and Qualifications
* Bachelor's Degree or comparable education & experience
* 5+ years of web development experience
* Extremely proficient with a JS Framework such as AngularJS or Backbone.js
* An understanding of web standards, principles of progressive enhancement and web accessibility (and its importance)
* Attention to detail and focus on quality of work
* Familiarity with C#, ASP.NET and Visual Studio
* Familiarity with source control such as TFS, SVN
* Excellent communication skills
* Agile development , SASS (Syntactically Awesome Stylesheets) and Responsive Design experience a plus
* Extensive experience with Bootstrap, Responsive Design, Information Architecture
* Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
* Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
* Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as Illustrator or Photoshop is a plus.
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email email@example.com for other accommodation options.
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.