Ultrasound Tech (ARDMS / RVT), PRN (0.1 FTE)
Okeechobee, FL Facility Description:
For more than 34 years Raulerson Hospital has been providing our community quality healthcare with a personal touch. Raulerson is a 100-bed acute care hospital providing a full range of medical and surgical services for both inpatient and outpatient procedures. We are always looking for dedicated professionals to join our dynamic healthcare team and become a member of our family.
About the area...
Okeechobee is a place that almost immediately feels like home. A unique, small community hospital with state of the art practices, in a down to earth community. Our spot in the Big Lake area of Central Florida affords world-class sports fishing, natural beauty, easygoing lifestyle and friendly people. Just a hop, skip and jump from many of Florida's cities and attractions, Okeechobee is an affordable place to live, a fun place to relax and a great place to thrive.
Raulerson Hospital is a member of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA Ranks on Fortune's list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years. In addition, HCA has also been named one of Ethisphere's World's Most Ethical Companies for five consecutive years. Join our tradition of excellence! Job Description:
The Ultrasound Tech performs diagnostic sonographic examinations utilizing ultrasonic equipment in various modes and techniques to locate, evaluate and record pertinent anatomical, pathological and functional data. The position's tasks and responsibilities include:
Qualifications: Required Job Qualifications include:
- Performs diagnostic procedures applying prescribed methods of ultrasound technique.
- Produces diagnostic images using Doppler, abdominal or pregnancy ultrasound.
- Selects transducer and adjusts equipment controls according to organ to be examined, depth of field and other specifications of test.
- Explains procedures to patients and addresses their concerns.
- Keys test data and patient information into computer to maintain record of test results.
- Assists physician with ultrasound guided biopsies and/or invasive procedures.
- Maintains and calibrates equipment.
- Monitors, records and communicates as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Utilizes knowledge of age specific needs of patient in performance of duties and responsibilities.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Provides a safe environment for administering contrast material.
- Assists with transporting patients.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- Graduate of an accredited program for Radiographers or Ultra sonographers.
- Current RDMS
- Current RVT licensure
- Current state licensure or permit to practice medical imagining.
- Current Certification in Basic Life Support.
- Minimum two years working as an Imaging Tech.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 lbs.
Keywords: Ultrasound Tech, UT, Ultra sonographer, Per Diem, PRN
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom