Ultrasound Supervisor - Full Time, Days, Mon-Fri
Company: Hospital Corporation of America
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posted: November 30, 2017
Reference ID: 01588-81564
Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital is licensed for 382 beds and has been nationally recognized by Leapfrog's Hospital Safety Grade A. It receives international acclaim for its outstanding and dynamic kidney, liver and pancreas transplant programs, setting record numbers for volume and outcomes. Methodist Specialty & Transplant Hospital is home to the Texas Transplant Institute, a nationally recognized center that recently performed the world's first 16-way kidney donor exchange chain during three consecutive days at a single hospital.
Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital earned designation as a Center of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Excellence from the American Society for Bariatric Surgery in 2008. Our Sexual Assault Response Team provides a compassionate environment for sexual assault survivors ages 13 and up. This program serves as a model for hospitals and agencies all over the world. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital under Locations.
General Statement of Duties:
This is a working supervisor position. The Supervisor is responsible for maintaining a high standard of work in the imaging section(s); efficient operation of the section(s); the supervision, instruction and assignment of the work of the employees within the section(s); ensuring the highest level of care is given to all patients; for the ordering and keeping in stock the necessary items for the section(s). In coordination with the section Manager, assumes responsibility for the maintenance and preventive maintenance of section(s) equipment; establishes and conducts section meetings; implements and monitors section CQI plan that is in concert with the Hospital plan.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Maintains a high standard of work and ensures efficient operation of the ultrasound department.
2. Operates ultrasound imaging equipment to produces images of internal organs and records diagnostic data to obtain permanent record of internal examination.
3. Supervises staff in operation of imaging equipment, evaluates accuracy and quality of images, and provides technical assistance.
4. Creates work schedules and assigns duties to workers to maintain patient flow and achieve production goals.
5. Provides supervision, evaluates, oversees instruction and assignment of the work of the employees within the department; ensuring the highest level of care is given to all patients.
6. Embraces, employs and executes the principles of the MHS management philosophy.
Required Knowledge, Skill, Abilities and Other Job-Related Characteristics (KSAOs) Minimum Education and Experience: Five (5) years experience as a fulltime ultrasound technologist in a hospital or diagnostic imaging clinic setting.
Two (2) years supervisory, team leader, senior technologist, or management experience preferred.
Minimum License and Certificates Required:
ARDMS ( American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers) or equivalent preferred