TriStar Centennial Medical Center - Nashville, Tn
Flexible availability required to work a variety of shifts, including occasional 3rd shift, and weekends. One night of call per month, and minimum of 2 holidays per year.
The sonographer primarily supports ultrasound services in Women's & Children's Hospital with occasional support to Tower ultrasound department. The sonographer performs exams such as OB/GYN, high risk OB, general diagnostic ultrasound in adults, pediatric and neonatal patients.
1. Performs Ultrasound exams following protocols and in a timely manner, ensuring a high quality of care.
2. Competent use of all machines (ie GE Voluson E6, GE Logiq E9, GE Logiq S8)
3. Familiar with exams in service line: OB/GYN, high risk OB neonatal neuro, general adult and pediatric ultrasound
4. Performs routine cleaning and maintenance of probes according to specifications.
5. Compliance with quarterly targeted metrics (i.e. Kronos, HealthStream, PACS, etc)
6. Takes patient history and retrieves any necessary orders or prior images.
7. Provides patient history/signs/symptoms appropriate to the exam to the radiologist and/or perinatologist
8. Appropriately completes documentation
9. Coordinates patient flow and checks daily list to ensure all exams are complete.
10. Informs patient about procedure and answers questions.
11. Interacts and professionally communicates with physicians, patients and family members.
12. Contributes to after hour coverage through on-call shift rotations as needed
13. Contributes to holiday coverage through rotation (one warm and one cold weather holiday)
14. Maintains all licenses, certifications and accreditations required as outlined in Job Qualifications
15. Daily upkeep of departmental work areas (cleaning, stocking, etc)
16. Promotes customer service initiative by adhering to the ICARE values
17. Supports and participates in quality (QI) and performance improvement (PI) plans.
18. Demonstrates knowledge of human growth and development, assessment, range of treatment, and care of patients appropriate to the ages of patients served.
19. Other duties as assigned.
1. Graduate of accredited RDMS program required.
2. ARDMS (OB and Abdomen registered, or registry eligible with successful completion within 6 months of hire)
3. 1 year of specialty experience in OB ultrasound preferred.
4. 6 months of pediatric experience is preferred.
5. Vascular experience preferred.
6. Current BLS.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom