Overland Park Regional Medical Center
is one of the premiere medical facilities in Johnson County. The hospital is a licensed 343-bed facility offering acute and outpatient medical care services to the Overland Park community and the surrounding areas since December of 1978. The hospital campus features four medical office buildings, two pharmacies and the offices of more than 100 physicians.
Our services include Emergency Services, a Regional Trauma Center, an Accredited Chest Pain Center, The Women's Center with Level IIIB NICU, the Human Motion Institute, advanced diagnostic imaging, a Diabetes Center and many other specialty care services. We offer the latest in technological advances and we are committed to providing every patient with the highest level of care in an environment where people, compassion, community and integrity are valued.
Position Summary :
The Ultrasound Technologist
- Perform Ultrasound procedures as ordered and per protocol
- Perform Ultrasound-guided biopsies and various centesis procedures.
- Perform Ultrasound vascular procedures. Technologist will need to have completed documented cross training prior to performing these studies unsupervised.
- Have working knowledge of each Ultrasound system within the department.
- Be a team builder and team player.
- Have the ability to interact with customers in a pleasant, positive and courteous manner.
- Participate in Performance Improvement and Quality Control.
- Work within the guidelines established in the policies and procedures manuals.
- Comply with all infection control and safety procedures.
- Work in accordance with the JCAHO, State and other regulatory or accreditation agencies, including the vascular accreditation body.
- Will provide care for birth to pediatric, pediatric/child patients between 1 to 11 years of age; adolescent patients between 12 to 17 years of age; adult patients between 18 to 64 years; and geriatric patients 65 years and older.
Additional responsibilities include completing documentation in patient and departmental records, cleaning equipment including HLD and maintaining safety and infection control practicesQualifications: Minimum Requirements
: High school diploma or equivalent. Licensure/ Certifications
: Current registry in good standing with the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (RDMS) required. BCLS certification is required Experience
: Minimum of one (1) year of work related experience in all aspects of Ultrasonography, including vascular procedures, preferred
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom