Research Medical Center - Kansas City, MO Ultrasound Tech II Evenings with a $5,0000 sing on bonus
At Research Medical Center, above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. Located in beautiful Kansas City, Missouri, Research Medical Center embodies the mission and heart of HCA Midwest Health. We are recognized as a healthcare leader due to our skilled, compassionate and dedicated doctors and nurses. To ensure that we exceed our patients' health care needs, we staff over 700 doctors who represent 29 medical specialties.
Several of our renowned programs, including Level I Trauma, Sarah Cannon Cancer Care, Grossman Burn Center, Kidney & Pancreas Transplant Institute, Heart Care, Neuroscience Institute and Women's Care Center, feature advanced technological resources used to diagnose and treat patients. Whether your healthcare needs are urgent and critical or simply routine and preventative, our advanced capabilities allow us to be one of the most comprehensive hospitals in the Kansas City region. Fantastic benefits include:
Covered Parking • On-Site Daycare • Competitive Benefit Package •Tuition Reimbursement Research Medical Center
is currently looking for an Ultrasound Tech II
Under the general direction of the Administrative Director of Imaging Services, the Imaging Services Medical Director and the Imaging Services Supervisory Team. With limited supervision, the Ultrasonographer:
- Completes a wide variety of ultrasound imaging procedures, including routine and invasive procedures both on a scheduled and on-call basis, as necessary
- Performs HLD of endo-cavity probes per policy
- Assists with the training/evaluation of Radiology School students, as applicable
- Is responsible for appropriately interfacing with other departments, physicians, physician office staff, patients, patients' family members and various other visitors to the facility
- Participates in Performance Improvement and Quality Improvement activities
- Works within the prescribed guidelines/policies/procedures established by the department, facility and HCA
- Works in accordance with Joint Commission, State and other regulatory and/or accreditation agencies in the performance of their duties and complies with all safety and infection control guidelines
#CBQualifications: Qualifications for Ultrasound Technologist II:
- Education : Graduate from an accredited program in Radiologic Technology and or School of Sonography. Two year program or four year BA program in Radiology Technology followed by training in sonography or completion of requirements from an accredited school in sonography including meeting all clinical requirements.
- Knowledge/Professional Licensure/Registration/Certification: Current registration/licensure/certification in good standing with the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) or American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT). Must be registered in vascular and a minimum of two of the following areas: OB/Gyn, Abdomen or Breast. Basic Cardiac Life Support (BLS) required. As department becomes ACR accredited may be required to obtain specific certifications such as breast sonography.
- Experience : Minimum of one-year hospital department experience in medical sonography to include biopsies.
- Management Experience : Not applicable for this position.
- Administrative Skills : Able to accurately complete sonography examinations as ordered by referring physicians. Experience with radiology information systems to obtain previous examination reports.
- Equipment/Machine Skills : Able to correctly and safely operate sonographic equipment and perform invasive procedures following orientation period to the department. Routine use of office equipment (phone, fax, pagers).
- Other Skills : Able to communicate effectively with all patients, physicians, nurses and other medical personnel. Able to handle periods of intensity with calm. Able to work in stressful situations while maintaining composure and perform required sonographic duties regardless of the patient's condition.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom