Trident Medical Center is a 313-bed major medical center providing a comprehensive range of services and specialties including a 24-hour emergency room with a Level II Trauma Center. The hospitals breadth of care options includes specialty facilities such as an award-winning Heart Center, the Trident Breast Care Center and the South Carolina Institute for Robotic Surgery. Trident Medical Center offers Critical Care Services and 24/7 hospitalist and intensivist programs. For more than 40 years, Trident Medical Center has proudly served patients and families in Berkeley, Charleston and Dorchester Counties. Position Summary:
Qualifications: Position Requirements:
- Ultrasound Technologist performs diagnostic procedures with the use of ultrasound, with protocols outlined by the radiologist.
- Operates diagnostic equipment, processes images, and prepares room with necessary equipment and supplies for the procedure.
- The ultrasound technologist is responsible for selecting proper technical factors, producing diagnostic quality images, and competent in the operation of equipment.
- Assistance is also needed by the physicians during invasive procedures. Other duties include, but are not limited to, clerical, scheduling, transportation, ordering supplies, inventory, cleaning and anything deemed necessary by the medical imaging management team.
- Job may include direct supervision of students at the discretion of the area supervisor.
- Employee must have the same licensure or have completed the same training to satisfy the requirements of the discipline of the student.
- Direct supervision means the primary caregiver is readily available to the student throughout the shift.
• ARRT with Ultrasound requirements met, or RDMC/RVT eligible
• BLS-Healthcare provider
- Graduate of an AMA approved school of Radiologic Technology or Ultrasound. RVT or RDMS registry eligible.
- Ultrasound Technologist preferred.
- Performs in accordance with delineated job responsibilities and satisfactorily completes a yearly evaluation based on these responsibilities.
- Must possess the knowledge and skills necessary to effectively meet the needs of the patient/internal and external customer.
D. Special qualifications : None
Degree of Supervision Required :
Supervision involves general guidance and direction by Supervisors and/or Department Manager. The employee will be expected to perform most job duties independently and in accordance with established departmental and hospital policies and procedures.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom