Brigham City Community Hospital is looking for an Ultrasound Technologist to join their team on an as-needed basis! This position will be required to participate in call for the department.
Brigham City Community Hospital has been the primary center of medicine for Box Elder County for more than 35 years. Throughout its ownership, Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) has remained committed to ensuring that quality medical care is provided to the residents of northern Utah by utilizing the most up-to-date technology available. Brigham City Hospital is committed to delivering high-quality services to all of our patients. As part of that commitment, we support transparency of hospital performance, quality outcomes and healthcare costs.
The Ultrasonographer will perform diagnostic ultrasound tests on all age groups, scanning patients' pelvic or abdominal areas under general supervision and following established policies and procedures. In doing so, obtains information about internal organs, fluid accumulations, masses, development of fetuses, peripheral vascular and cardiac areas. Interpersonal skills necessary to explain procedures to patients and allay apprehensions.
- Provides quality diagnostic ultrasonic examinations, observing sound wave display screen as scanning device moves over patients' pelvic or abdominal areas, and determines if images are satisfactory for diagnostic purposes.
- Photographs visual image of organs shown on display modules or removes recorder strip printout from machine to obtain permanent record of internal examination; records information on video tape when necessary.
- Records test results, identification information, etc., and files results of sonography.
- Discusses test results with physicians or other departmental personnel. Repeats process as necessary. May give preliminary reports with radiologists consent.
- Assists in special procedures performed by physicians in ultrasound, i.e., biopsy, drainage procedures, amniocentesis, paracentesis and thoracentesis.
- Instructs student sonographers in patient evaluation, ultrasound evaluation and ultrasonic examination techniques; keeps up to date in the field of Ultrasound.
- Performs portable scans away from the department when ordered by physicians.
- Administers contrast media, oral and intravenous as directed by radiologist.
- ARDMS Certificaton required.
- BLS Certification through American Heart Association required.
- As required with ARDMS, American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers.
- One(1) year of previous Ultrasound experience preferred.
- Must be able to be on an on-call status and respond within thirty (30) minutes of notification.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom