Ultrasound Tech Nights
Perform all job functions of the Ultrasound Technologist. Must be able to be on an on-call status and respond within thirty (30) minutes of notification.
The Ultrasound Tech conducts procedures to provide data to assist in the diagnosis of patients. The position's tasks and responsibilities include:
- Performs diagnostic procedures applying prescribed methods of ultrasound technique.
- Selects transducer and adjusts equipment controls according to organ to be examined, depth of field and other specifications of test.
- Explains procedures to patients and addresses their concerns.
- Keys test data and patient information into computer to maintain record of test results.
- Assists physician with ultrasound guided biopsies and/or invasive procedures.
- Maintains and calibrates equipment.
- Monitors, records and communicates as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Utilizes knowledge of age specific needs of patient in performance of duties and responsibilities.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Provides a safe environment for administering contrast material.
- Assists with transporting patients.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to make independent decisions while maintaining tact, maturity and a positive attitude. Initiative and judgment required in assuming responsibilities.
- Technical degree or vocational training
Licenses/Registrations and/or Certifications:
- Prefer at least 1 year of experience
- ARDMS, RVT, and BLS required. Must obtain certification within 6 months of hire date
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom