The Ultraviolet Environmental Services Technician is responsible performs daily cleaning tasks for patient and resident rooms, nursing station, lounges, restrooms, offices, clinic areas, and any other areas assigned in accordance with standard procedures of the Environmental Services Department and in accordance with facility and Hospital standards and objectives. Execute and Operate the Xenex disinfection machine or similar type equipment. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify other responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may differ among accounts, depending on business necessities and client requirements.
* Performs all environmental services-related tasks demonstrating service orientation to fellow employees, facility staff and customers.
* Utilizes Xenex machine in assigned area.
* Disinfecting rooms in order of priority level. (Specific to account)
* Educate others on the HOSPITAL HAl prevention program which includes the Xenex technology.
* Assists Environmental Services staff in preparing the discharge clean for the Xenex disinfection process to reduce as much added time as possible.
* Ensure that the room type is being effectively utilized so reports could identify correct number of room types completed.
* Inspects and ensures that all equipment is clean and proper working condition.
* Coordinates activities with other departments ensuring the Xenex machine is being utilized as much as possible, and as effective as possible.
* Continuously checks assigned areas to be sure work is being done properly and that personnel are following schedules (duty lists).
* Reports any pertinent information to the Supervisor/HAl Coordinator as it occurs.
* Develops effective facility relations through formal and informal programs, both verbal and written.
* Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
* Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
* Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
* Applies all applicable OSHA and related local safety requirements to all assigned work.
* Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
* Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
* May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
* /Job Qualifications:/*
* High School diploma, GED or equivalent experience.
* 0 - 2 years of related work experience.
* Ability to present self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
* Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
* Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect.
* Ability to maintain a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers and client representatives.
* Ability to provide clear directions and respond accordingly to employees.
* Ability to use all relevant electronic and communication devices.
* Adapts procedures, processes, tools equipment and techniques to accomplish the requirements of the position.
* Knowledge of and proficiency in all OSHA and local requirements related to all assigned work.
* Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
* Maturity of judgment and behavior.
* Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
* Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with satisfactory regularity in light of Sodexo time and attendance policy and/or client operating hours.
* Ability to work a flexible schedule.
* Must comply with any dress code requirements.
* Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
* /Physical Requirements:/*
* Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without corrective lenses.
* Significant walking or other means of mobility.
* Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
* Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.
*/Working Conditions (may add additional conditions specific to defined work location):/*
* Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends, and extended hours as business dictates.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is primarily in a controlled, temperate environment; however, may be exposed to heat/cold during support of outside activities.
* The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
* Wears protective clothing and/or Personal Protective Equipment required by the work environment or governmental regulations.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer. Sodexo is committed to upholding the spirit and principles of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the 1998 amendment to the Act. If, due to a disability, you require a reasonable accommodation to navigate this site and/or complete the on-line application process, please contact SodexoFrontlineApplicationSupport.USA@sodexo.com for assistance. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here.
A little about us:
Sodexo is a people-oriented company that places the quality of life of its people, customers and clients at the center of its mission.