Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Under limited supervision, the Service Technician is responsible for installing, disconnecting, and servicing all Company products and services in residential and commercial dwellings in accordance with company policies, procedures and practices.
(Essential functions of position include, but are not limited to the following)
- Performs all the duties of an Installer.
- Troubleshoots and repairs RF performance issues in the drop system to the output of the last active.
- Troubleshoots drop line faults and corrects problems of all kinds; calculates signal level losses, ingress levels, insertion losses, cable losses, taps and splitter devices of all coaxial lines.
- Educates customers as to the appropriate use of Company products, services and equipment in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
- Climbs poles, ladders, and works in limited confines such as crawl spaces.
- Properly operates and maintains hand and power tools and equipment.
- Manipulates connectors and fasteners.
- Drives Company vehicles.
- Lifts and carries ladders, equipment, and other loads up to 70 lbs.
- Completes appropriate paperwork as prescribed by system management.
- Uses Company provided test meters and equipment to perform installations, service and drop troubleshooting.
- Installs and configures all officially supported employer supported client software.
- Resolves technical issues related to installation, operation, and maintenance of the employer's products and services.
- Troubleshoots all Company products and services and the associated equipment.
- Uses safety equipment and follows safety regulations.
- Informs customers of FCC rules and Company policies.
- Participates in on-call rotation.
- Performs various other duties as assigned by the company.
- No written disciplinary actions during the previous six (6) months.
- Valid driver's license and a satisfactory driving record required.
- Professional appearance and demeanor with customers, the general public and co-workers.
- Ability to read road maps and follow directions.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize and organize work effectively.
- Ability to interact with customers, co-workers using writing and verbal skills.
- Ability to interpret and correctly fill out various forms provided by the company; ability to read and interpret general system layouts from blueprints.
- Minimum of one year experience as an Installer.
- Knowledge of company products and services.
High School Diploma or the recognized equivalent in work experience.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
A little about us:
Comcast brings together the best in media + technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences.