Position Summary:CVS Health offers a comprehensive internship program designed to engage students, impart valuable skills, and offer insight into a potential career path with a Fortune 12 company. Highlights include a structured program plan, hands on project work, access to mentorship and networking opportunities, and learning and development sessions. During the 10 week engagement interns will be in a supportive learning environment contributing both independently and on a team against key department initiatives. Competitive compensation is offered including a stipend for eligible candidates.
Analytic Consulting Services (ANCS) provides consultative and analytical support to our sales, account services, and internal partners. By using client data, we are able to provide insight and strategic recommendations to our internal and external clients regarding their pharmacy benefits; such support includes but not limited to explanation of growing pharmacy costs, potential cost saving solutions, member disruption, opportunities to promote prescription adherence, data investigation into client concerns, outcomes of benefit changes and other ad-hoc reporting. In addition to the analytics to build the reports, ANCS collaborates with the sales and clinical partners to communicate findings, explain methodology and is the subject matter expert of the data.
As intern you will benefit from gaining experience in a rapidly changing healthcare marketplace, the pharmacy benefit management industry and CVS Health solutions. By working with a team of expert analytic consultants, you will have the opportunity to develop your analytic, communication and technical skill set. As part of the internship onboarding you will be provided an introduction to our business, SAS/Advanced Excel Trainin,, internal tools and our programs/models.
Your responsibilities as an intern will include:
- Supporting analyses with different consultants on our various segments, becoming an integrated part of our team and gaining exposure to other areas of the organization
- Attending staff meetings, using SAS to access our data warehouse to complete solution opportunities analyses, data reporting and investigation
- Focusing on a designated project(s)
- Partnering with a senior analytic consultant to provide a weekly industry update
- Leveraging our book of business pharmacy data to help provide trends and insights to tie to these industry topics
- Building a presentation to deliver updates and findings during our staff/department meetings
Given our dynamic industry, specific intern projects are driven on the changing demands of the business. Some examples of past projects include:
- Collaborating to revamp and develop a Business Segment’s SharePoint site
- Calculation and presentation of Benchmarking and Outcomes Metrics Reporting
- Creating a self-service reporting tool for our sales partners to leverage
- Researching and analysis to support a case study or aid in the development/update of a model
- Availability to work full time for duration of the 10 week program.
- Experience in MS Office, with a strong preference to Excel
- Ability to manage tight deadlines
- Strong communication skills
Education: - Candidates must be enrolled in an undergraduate degree program at a 4 year college or university and entering their senior year in fall of 2018
- Experience with SAS/SQL
- Ability to analyze/manipulate large data sets
- Degree related to healthcare/pharmacy, mathematics, statistics, actuarial science, finance, economics or other data-related field
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW
and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking EEO AA CVS Health
CVS Health does not require nor expect that applicants disclose their compensation history during the application, interview, and hiring process.
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/