Job Description CVS Health offers a comprehensive internship program designed to engage students, impart valuable skills, and offer insight into a potential career path with a Fortune 12 company. Highlights include a structured program plan, hands on project work, access to mentorship and networking opportunities, and learning and development sessions.During the 10 week engagement interns will be in a supportive learning environment contributing both independently and on a team against key department initiatives. Competitive compensation is offered including a stipend for eligible candidates.
This internship will be focused on a critical area within IT QA in the area of Data Life Cycle Management, utilizing skills like Data Profiling, Data Sub-setting, Data Generation and Data Warehouse creation. You will also focus on-building automation around Data Creation and Data Management, using advanced tools like Informatica, JENKINS and other build tools. Working on Data Analysis and representation of data, using tools such as Python and R, will be required to enable self-service tools for data generation for end-end testing across Product Lifecycle.
You will have an opportunity to truly impact how CVS performs QA work and assist in evolving the organization focused more towards error prevention.
Your additional responsibilities will include:
- Developing effective Profile Mapping, Subset Rules and Generation scripts- Using Informatica and Unix shell scripts Developing Database triggers, subroutines and procedures to manage and generate data in a relational database like Oracle, MySQL and similar data sources - Working with team members in building Web Dashboards that would represent state of data along with integration with enterprise - Working on modern software delivery concepts Working on integration of TDM tools into the Continuous integration deployment pipeline - Generating dashboard and metrics reports. - Maintaining and organizing manual and automated scripted in Test Management tool
- Availability to work full time for duration of the 10 week program.
- Understanding of software design principles in Java and J2EE area
- Understanding of Data Management concepts, including Database Design, Management and administration
- Ability to Understand Complex Data structures and relational databases
- Knowledge of modern scripting languages – Python, Ruby etc.
- Experience in object oriented programming language such as Java, scripting, VB Script etc.
- Knowledge on software engineering principles and procedures
- Database Knowledge – Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL
- Knowledge of Web Development Framework – Spring, Hibernate, Apache Tomcat
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment Process
- You should have experience with automation tools and open source technology
- Strong Communication skills
- Self-motivated and a fast learner
Education - Candidates must be enrolled in an undergraduate degree program at a 4 year college or university and entering their senior year in fall of 2018
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW
and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking EEO AA CVS Health
CVS Health does not require nor expect that applicants disclose their compensation history during the application, interview, and hiring process.
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/