Job DescriptionCVS Health offers a comprehensive internship program designed to engage students, impart valuable skills, and offer insight into a potential career path with a Fortune 12 company. Highlights include a structured program plan, hands on project work, access to mentorship and networking opportunities, and learning and development sessions. During the 10 week engagement interns will be in a supportive learning environment contributing both independently and on a team against key department initiatives. Competitive compensation is offered including a stipend for eligible candidates.
The Internal Audit department is responsible for creating and following audit procedures to evaluate effectiveness of management controls. As an Internal Audit Intern, you will gain hands-on experience with following detailed audit processes to ensure accuracy of financial information, and compliance to applicable policies and regulations.
You will also have the opportunity to:
Required Qualifications- Availability to work full time for duration of the 10 week program.
- Build knowledge of business processes, objectives, risk and controls across multiple business units
- Work with departmental Staff and Managers to plan, develop and execute assigned projects consistent with guidelines established within departmental guidelines
- Identify audit risks, obtain an understanding of processes and test controls by performing substantive procedures
- Provide support and assistance to the other auditors in the Department to prepare work papers and summarize results - Assess controls in conjunction with quarterly Sarbanes-Oxley testing
- Perform ad hoc requests as prioritized per Internal Audit Management
- Communicate effectively with Internal Audit and business unit management
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Visio, and Adobe Professional
- Strong analytical skills,
- Deductive and problem solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to apply knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to contribute in a team environment
- Should be able to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Completed Audit Curriculum
Education- Candidates must be enrolled in an undergraduate degree program at a 4 year college or university and entering their senior year in fall of 2018
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW
and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking EEO AA CVS Health
CVS Health does not require nor expect that applicants disclose their compensation history during the application, interview, and hiring process.
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/