Intern Lead Job Description:
Smart Devices Innovation team at Intel's New Devices Group is hiring local Interns in Bay area for supporting innovative demonstration tasks. Responsibilities include developing data analysis programs to analyze and visualize sensor data for specific sensors, and developing specific algorithms based on requirements. Job assignments may be for the short periods throughout the school year.
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to multitask
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic and team oriented environment
- Showing strong self-learning capabilities for a new technology
- Ideally living in San Francisco Bay Area so as to be able to work at Intel site two or three days per week.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences .
- Must be pursuing a BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or other science/engineering related field.
- Must have the unrestricted right to work in the US without requiring sponsorship
- Minimum of 6-month experiences with software programming languages, especially Python and Java preferred.
- Minimum of 6-month experiences with high quality software coding and debug skills.
- Skilled in programming in Python or Java
- Comfortable with working under Linux
- Experience in using Python or Java to do data visualization for motion sensors, such as accelerometer, gyroscope, etc.
- Experience in data analysis skills, such as feature extraction, pattern recognition, etc.
- Experience in developing mobile applications for either Android or iOS.
A little about us:
Our vision is simple and direct. If it computes, it does it best with Intel. We embrace all aspects of computing.