Do you have an analytical as well as investigative mindset? Do you want to pair that with your knowledge of the healthcare field? Parallon is seeking candidates with revenue cycle/patient financial services experience to be Analysts in our Underpayments department.
We serve and enable those who care for and improve human life in their communities.
Parallon, a division of HCA, is an industry-leading provider of patient financial and revenue cycle services to acute care providers across the United States. We are dedicated to our values and passionate about finding future leaders for our fast-growing divisions in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. Although we are the largest healthcare provider in the world and experts and leaders in revenue cycle services, we maintain a people-first culture and sense of community.
As an Underpayment analyst, you would be responsible for researching and resolving underpayments from insurance companies such as Aetna, BC/BS, Cigna, Managed Medicare/Medicaid, etc., and assessing Managed Care contracts for appropriate reimbursement to validate the payment received as a contractual underpayment. In addition, Analysts contact payers and pursue collection of underpayment, and perform appropriate follow up with payer for payment as appropriate. They also escalate issues to the Payer Supervisor for immediate remedy, and provide clear and concise documentation of actions taken on each account. Duties include, but are not limited to:
Qualifications: Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Must be able to read, review, and analyze reimbursement contracts from managed care insurances
- Knowledge and understanding of 837/UB04 claims and 835/EOB/RA
- Basic knowledge of CPT & HCPCS coding language preferred, ICD-9 & ICD-10 knowledge a plus
- Understanding of HMOs, PPOs, and other Managed Care plans
- Communication - communicates clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing
- Customer Orientation - establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
- Interpersonal Skills - able to work effectively with other employees, patients and external parties
- PC Skills - demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and others as required
- Policies & Procedures - demonstrates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems
- Basic Skills - able to perform basic mathematical calculations, balance and reconcile figures, punctuate properly, spell correctly and transcribe accurately
- High school diploma or GED required
- At least one year of related experience required
At Parallon, every employee is a valued member of our organization. You can expect to receive competitive salary, ongoing professional development, comprehensive benefits package, performance bonuses and more!
Check us out or follow us on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/parallon-business-solutions