Job Summary -
The U nde r pa yme nt Re solution Team Lead is responsible for assisting the Underpayment Resolutions Manager with training of the Underpayment Resolution department. Also performs daily discrepancy account resolution and coding. Supervisor
- Underpayment Resolution Manager Supervises -
Duties (included but not limited to):
- Provides introductory and ongoing training and education to staff to ensure that policies and procedures are followed
- Meets with the Manager regularly to effectively communicate and resolve Underpayment issues, set and prioritize goals and improve processes
- Assists with staff communication, providing updates, resolving issues, setting goals and maintaining standards, including performing QA reviews for staff
- Maintain established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, patient, and customer service policies
- Monitors inventory by running appropriate reports and contacting insurance companies to resolve claims
- Identifies problem accounts and escalates as appropriate
- Updates the patient account record to identify actions taken on the account
- Assist manager with development and implementation of department and project action plans
- Meet the productivity and quality standards of the organization
- Complete and comprehend all education requirements
- Practice and adhere to the "Code of Conduct" philosophy and "Mission and Value Statement"
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Organization - proactively prioritizes needs and effectively manages resources
- Communication - communicates clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing.This includes utilizing proper punctuation, correct spellingand the ability to transcribe accurately.
- Customer orientation - establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceedingexpectations
- Interpersonal skills - able to work effectively with other employees,patients and externalparties
- PC skills- demonstrates proficiency in MicrosoftOffice applications and others as required
- Leadership - guides individuals and groups toward desired outcome by providing training, advice and feedbackto assist/support employees in achieving established performance standards
- Tactical execution- assist in monitoring operational processes and making recommendations for changes/adjustments as neededduring the implementation or change to new products or processes
- Policies & Procedures - demonstrates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems
- Basic skills - demonstrates ability to organize,perform and track multipletasks accurately in short timeframes, have abilityto work quicklyand accurately in a fast- paced environment while managing multiple demands, ability to work both independently and collaboratively as a team player,adaptability, analytical and problem solving ability and attention to detail and able to performbasic mathematical calculations, balance and reconcilefigures, punctuate properly, spell correctlyandtranscribe accurately.
EDUCATION High School diploma or GEDrequired.
EXPERIENCE At least one year of related experience required.
CERTIFICATE/LICENSE - N/A PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
Requires prolonged sitting/standing, some bending, stooping, walking and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexteritysufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone,calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal rangeof hearing and eyesight to record, prepareand communicate appropriate reports or other information. Requires lifting papers/boxes and pushing/pulling up to 25pounds occasionally. Work is performed in an office environment or hospital setting. Work may be stressful at times. Contact may involve dealing with angry or upset people.Staff must remain flexible and available to providestaffing assistance for any/all disasteror emergency situations.
Parallon is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, and competitive compensation.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom