- Takes lead role in risk selection, pricing, and Technology & Life Science account management. Is creative in use of underwriting tools and techniques to renew profitable business.
- Uses Technology ROE model for appropriate risk selection/pricing and is able to communicate rationale for underwriting decisions.
- Exhibits a commitment to finding ways to renew business without sacrifice of quality, including appropriate leverage of all lines and account underwriting.
- Balances renewal pricing/retention to reach desired financial results. Maintains underwriting quality (validated by Quality Assurance Team) of at least 90%
- Agency Territory Management
- Build and leverage personal relationships with key customers that allow The Hartford to retain and expand sales to existing accounts.
- Identify customers' needs and demonstrate how The Hartford's products and services can meet those needs.
- Plan and prioritize work activities to achieve desired results within necessary time frames.
- Collaboration with Regional Office Team in leveraging relationships with key agents to maximize growth and profit for the Technology & Life Science Practice, as well as on an Enterprise wide basis.
- Manages account rounding and up-sell opportunities across team
- Relationship/Team Skills
- Demonstrates excellent working relationships with all business associates leading to high level of customer satisfaction. This includes agents, internal/external customers, Regional Office UW's, Division Technology Managers and sales and service center staff.
- Uses relationship abilities to uncover business opportunities, retain renewal business and develop long term strategic business relationships.
- BA/BS degree strongly preferred.
- 3 years of P&C Technology or Multi-line underwriting experience required, with experience handling a renewal territory preferred.
- Technology E&O experience preferred
- A consistent, proven, high level of performance and achievement.
- Aptitude for numerical and/or financial evaluation of business performance.
- Demonstrated creative problem solving and critical thinking decision making skills.
- Strong interpersonal, presentation and negotiation skills.
- Efficient automation skills.
- CPCU, IIA or CIC coursework preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to interact effectively with all levels in the organization.
Other requirements include:
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong relationship skills and business acumen.
- Self-starter, good decision maker with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Computer savvy- experience with Siebel, CUE, ADAPT
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression
A little about us:
HIRING VETERANS IS A PRIORITY FOR THE HARTFORD