Underwriting Associate, Corporate Credit
The Underwriting Associate is responsible for assisting the loan groups in preparing and analyzing loan approval packages.
Successful incumbents are action-oriented and customer focused, are able to learn on the fly and possess strong process management, self development, time management and written management skills.
* Work on complex spreadsheets of financial statements to identify and analyze inconsistencies and inaccuracies.
* Recommend risk ratings, run pricing models and document calls.
* Attend and participate in loan approval discussions and present deals to loan committees.
* Assist credit administration and commercial lending departments with the underwriting and documentation of loan requests.
* Provide services such as investigation of the borrowing entity, analysis of the proposed structure and the various repayment sources as well as industry/economic factors affecting the request.
Travel is not required of this position.
Relocation assistance is not provided for this position.
* Bachelors degree in Business or Economics
* 3.0 (GPA) overall grade point average (GPA will be calculated by using grades for all credit hours/classes that are applied towards degree including transferred credits)
* 2 Accounting classes (3.0 average GPA)
* 1 year word processing and spreadsheet software experience
* Transcripts are required prior to formal interview.
* Degree (as described above) must be completed and verified prior to official start date.
* Candidates will be required to attend credit training in Dallas, TX for 2 weeks.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
A little about us:
At Comerica Bank, we’re looking for leaders to help guide a higher level of banking.