McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Unified Communication Lead Engineer
This is an engineering position where the incumbent will play a key role in providing leadership in the development of innovative and long term Unified Communication services for Capital One. The ultimate goal is to provide our end-users with the highest quality, cost effective and valued service offerings.
The individual will be engaged with the design and management of Capital One’s Unified Communication services, including deployment planning, implementation, and support as it relates to those activities. May also provide technical knowledge in re-engineering existing solutions and solve a variety of multi-platform or cross functional problems relating to Unified Communication.
The successful candidate must be able to lead improvement or quality initiatives, including metrics development, monitoring and corrective action for deficiencies. The person must work cross-functionally, between and among engineering teams, operations teams, and end-user support teams. The person contributes to the development of communication materials (content), service and operational level agreements, internal specifications documents, project planning documents, end-user communication and other written forms necessary to manage the service. Additionally, the successful candidate must have excellent presentation skills and be able to present technical ideas and concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences. It is expected that they will provide regular updates to project managers, program managers, or management regarding status of open projects, initiatives or services. It is also expected that the candidate understands and tracks industry trends, standards, current technologies, and policies and be able to articulate the effects of these trends in our Unified Communication services.
Since this is a worldwide organization, important traits are ability to partner and work collaboratively with cross geography teams as well as manifesting a great understanding for cultural diversity.
- Can act as the technical or team lead to implement medium sized projects
- Provides, drives and approves designs for projects
- Ability to lead cross functional teams with trouble shooting
- Subject Matter Expert within specific discipline(s) (e.g. Unified Communications, voice and data networking, databases, etc.)
- Handles high complexity and / or moderately ambiguous tasks
- Provides multiple solutions and work to optimize based on business needs
- Conduct design and implementation reviews to ensure compliance with standards
- Estimate level of effort to meet acceptance criteria
- Focus on continuous improvement practices as required to meet quality / time to market imperatives
- Maintain records to document system development and evolution
- Provide 3rd level support as needed
- Share best practices and improve processes within and across sprint teams, and mentor more junior team members
- Bachelor’s degree or military experience
- At least 1 year of experience with voice/UC infrastructure design, implementation and troubleshooting
- At least 3 year of experience designing, developing, implementing and supporting the Microsoft Unified Communication Applications (Live Communication Server, Office Communication Server, Lync, and Skype for Business) and Visual Collaboration (Video Conferencing) solutions
- At least 1 year of experience interfacing Microsoft Unified Communications applications with Exchange, Office 365, traditional telephony systems, and video conferencing solutions
- At least 1 year of experience with design and hands on experience with Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP), IP trunking concepts, and topology design – VoIP media RTP/RTCP
- At least 1 year of experience with Windows (server and desktop), Active Directory, and Powershell
- 1+ years of experience with SIP protocols, SIP trunking and Session Border Controllers
- 1+ years of experience with Video Conferencing solutions
- At least 1 year of experience with developing hardware specifications for Microsoft Unified Communications and Video Conferencing implementation
- 1+ years of experience with Load Balancing, Firewall, DNS technologies and concepts
- 1+ years of experience with wireless and remote access/mobility
- 1+ years of experience with designing, developing, implementing and supporting enterprise data networks
- 1+ years of experience with designing, developing, implementing and supporting Microsoft Exchange
- 1+ years of experience with Windows Management Interface (WMI)
- 1+ year of experience working with telecom carriers, different trunk protocols, signaling Protocols and dial plan (normalization rules)
- 1+ year of experience with compression algorithms – (G729, G711, G722 etc.)
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.