Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you'll find yourself in the company of some of the industry's smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
Unified Communications Engineer- Speech Analytics (Job ID# P132536)
The Sr. Associate Call Recording/Speech Analytics Engineer will provide expertise in the design, engineering and deployment of call recording and speech analytics platforms for Discover Financial Services.
The primary responsibilities of the engineer will include developing highly available, resilient and scalable call recording and speech analytic platforms, collaborating with business partners and technology teams to deliver cohesive end-to-end solutions, developing detailed plans and timelines as part of the project development process and selecting and managing vendors to deliver solutions in alignment with the unified communication infrastructure strategy for Discover.
The candidate must be self-directed and able to manage their workload according to project timelines while also positively contributing to the effectiveness of the Unified Communication Engineering team. This position will also participate in defining and ensuring technical standards are maintained, participating in significant voice initiatives, evaluating and recommending new technical solution offerings and suggesting process improvements to evolve the voice infrastructure.
Promote a risk-aware culture; ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes.
* Participate in unified communication projects designing and implementing projects in a highly available production environment
* Perform Call Recording designs utilizing existing Verint platform and combining data feeds with internal warehouse technologies
* Perform Speech Analytic project design and implementation in conjunction with Business analyst group representing various business units within Discover Financial
* Perform troubleshooting of complex issues and be able to serve as tier 3 support for voice operations as needed
* Manage time, budget and resource constraints to ensure projects are delivered on-time and within allotted budget
* Create and update technical documentation on a regular basis
* Clearly articulate recommendations to peers and management
* Evaluate new vendors and technologies to add strategic business value to the organization
* Must be able to participate in installs that may require after hours, over nights, weekends and/or holidays.
* Ability to travel nationally and internationally for project implementations
Skills Required: * 2-5 years experience designing, deploying and maintaining call recording environments
* Telecommunications carrier circuit protocols and infrastructure understanding
* Understanding of common network protocols and their role in an enterprise network
* Configuration and troubleshooting experience of telephony and call recording platforms
* Experience working with Windows Server platforms
* MS/MSQL Database
* Experience working with infrastructure security components: firewalls, proxy servers, IDS/IPS, VPN and SSL
* Ability to work with all levels of IT senior management, business partners and third-party customers
* Bachelors degree in CS/CIS/Network/Telecommunications or related field or equivalent work experience
* Understanding of Telephony platform including CTI and backend application interfaces for recording flagging and tagging
* Strong oral and written communication skills
Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes.
Server and OS experience. Building/loading, troubleshooting permissions and errors associated with OS and applications.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
A little about us:
Discover is one of the most recognized brands in U.S. financial services. We’re a direct banking and payment services company built on a legacy of innovation and customer service.