Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Enterprise information and technology is in a transformative period. The explosion of data tied to the ubiquity of digital technologies and services available to consumers is changing the expectations of senior leaders, employees, customers and patients. People want access to information, from any place, on any device, at any time of day or night. These challenges require IT to significantly uplift its technology and information skillsets to meet the rapidly accelerating information and technology demands of new markets, new products and new divisions. To address this challenge, IT has established a three hub model in Singapore, Branchburg, New Jersey, and Prague, Czech Republic, to provide a follow-the-sun operational model leveraging networked teams that can work virtually with business clients and other IT colleagues across all geographies and divisions.
As a member of the Operations team in Network Services and Unified Communications, the successful candidate will be responsible for the daily operations and management of Merck's Global Unified Communication services. These services allow Merck to communicate globally and collaborate worldwide with partners and customers. This role requires a highly skilled individual with subject matter expertise in Unified Communications Technologies, IP telephony, Web & Audio Conferencing, Video Conferencing, and Communications Protocols. The candidate must interface globally and have experience daily operations and support of unified communications solutions. The individual will need to demonstrate Merck leadership qualities, strong communication skills, financial prudence and proactive management in the planning, and delivery of network infrastructure and services. This role will require both technical knowledge of unified communications technologies and the ability to articulate and demonstrate UC solutions directly with the business.
The individual will need to demonstrate MSD leadership qualities, strong communication skills, financial prudence and proactive management in the planning, and delivery of network infrastructure and services.
The incumbent will have the following responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Operational excellence in Unified Communications solutions with a focus on IP telephony, SIP trunking.
- Provide expert Tier-3 support for Unified Communication technologies
- Engage and collaborate with business partners to interpret business requirements and solve complex issues
- Engage and collaborate worldwide to support and maintain solutions to enable effective communications tools
- Provide technical leadership and excellence, and recommending improvements with regard to same
- Interact directly with the business to assist in providing direction on appropriate usage of Unified Communication technologies
- Solid understanding and commitment to Incident and problem management
- Solid understanding and commitment to Change management procedures
Minimal travel will be required between sites within Eastern Pennsylvania and central New Jersey to attend departmental meetings. Qualifications:
Education Minimum Requirement:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent with relevant experience in Computer Science, Computer Science Engineering
Required Experience and Skills:
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills within a matrix organization
- Fluent in English, in both verbal and written communication
- Possesses expert knowledge of Communications Infrastructure and Unified Communication Solutions
- Ability to acquire new skills in a diverse environment
- High personal integrity, credibility, and energy
- Must be able to solve problems in a stressful environment and react quickly in times of crisis.
- Deep Knowledge supporting IP telephony
- Deep Knowledge supporting PBX\Call Manager, Session Management, and Call Routing.
- Knowledge of Jabber Voice
- Deep Knowledge supporting SIP trunking solutions
- Experience with Contact center\Call Center
- Operations support of WebEx and Audio Conferencing
- Understanding and expertise with Global Dial Plans
- Knowledge of Cisco Voice Gateways
- Knowledge of Communications Protocols (G.711, G.729, SIP, H.323)
- Supporting other Unified Communications solutions
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Knowledge of Cisco Telepresence Server and Video Conferencing
- Knowledge of Cisco Telepresence Management System
- Knowledge of Cisco Expressway technologies
- Knowledge of Cisco Jabber Instant Message & Presence cloud based services
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement