Security Products provides market leading security solutions to customers in all key vertical markets from Retail to Healthcare to Commercial buildings. The Unified and Connected Engineering Manager is responsible for managing the engineering development activities and team for the Unified Client Product - a multi-dimensional single-point event management system for video and access control. The Engineering Manager responsibilities also extend to managing the Connected Partner Program team - a 3 rd party partner integration program across access control, video, and intrusion brands.
The Engineering Manager reports to the Senior Director for Converged Solutions. The position is located in Westford, MA.
Unified Client Product
• Manage a team of engineers to design/enhance the Unified client to meet the product specifications as defined by the cross-functional team of product management, sales, and application engineering. Utilize Agile Software Development or other methodology as appropriate.
• Efficiently advance all phases of the development process to meet the target launch dates from capturing early design inputs to support specification definition, through construction, validation & verification, release & maintenance.
• Define the technical implementation of the system architecture to meet project goals.
• Develop application features from collaboration on requirements definition, feature design, coding, and testing.
• Analyze competitive unified system and provide recommendations to product management.
Connected Partner Program
• Manage engineering support team for all brands in the Connected Partner Program
• Technically support development efforts and technical questions from external partners
• Establish and maintain integration kits/documentation for each product release to reduce required support time per integration
• Maintain and drive efficiency in the Connected Partner Program processes and procedures - utilize the newly launched partner portal.
• Guide the team to work with the partners to understand their integration functionality and limitations to provide integration application recommendations.
• Define engaging goals and stretch assignments for direct reports.
• Plan and estimate product development tasks.
• Prioritize team work load and tasks and give guidance as required.
• Provide thought leadership and establish technical vision for the team.
• Work with cross-functional peers to remove obstacles and ultimately maintain project schedules.
• Communicate weekly status and risks as appropriate to senior leaders.
Interfaces with Product Management, Project Management, Software Development, Firmware Development, and Quality Assurance to ensure that a high quality product is delivered which meets or exceeds all specificaitons.
Bachelors Degree with 10 years experience in Software development and at least 3 years experience leading projects with teams of greater than 3 engineers.
3-5 years experience in access control and/or video management software development.
• Experience incorporating state-of-the-art and/or new technologies into an organization.
• Experience leading development teams with greater than 3 engineers.
• Experience working with and leading remote teams.
• Ability to create bridges with key Stakeholders across the organization.
• Ability to create clear and compelling vision to the team.
• Experience interviewing internal and external key stake holders and translating this input into a technical implementation strategy.
• Team player with excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
• Goal-oriented with a strong drive for success.
• Strong organization skills.
• Experience developing on an access control or video management platform.
• Strong experience designing scalable systems within a Windows Environment.
• Strong experience with client-server type applications in C# and .NET.
• Strong experience with Multi-threaded development in an enterprise architecture: thread synchronization, locks, database concurrency.
• Strong experience with developing localizable WinForm/WPF applications.
• Experience with managing Software Installers.
• Experience with database environments: SQL Server.
• Experience with WCF is a plus.
• Experience with Web Services is a plus.
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.