Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter .
Aramark's leisure group specializes in lodging, recreation, conference centers and meeting services. The scope of our operations includes lodging, conference and meeting space, houseboats and other marine activities, retail merchandise, casual and fine dining experiences, and interpretive tours in some of this country's most pristine protected lands and national parks. We have been active partners with the National Park Service for over 20 years, providing high-quality visitor services in numerous locations across the United States. We are one of the nation's leading managers of conference centers with a strong focus on customer experience. We are considered a premier provider of professional services by clients and competition alike, committed to providing high-quality recreation, hospitality and authentic experiences to clients and visitors from all over the world. Description
Our Leisure group within SLC specializes in serving consumers; recreational and entertainment needs in national and state parks, zoos, aquariums, science centers, museums and other day-use cultural attractions.
The scope of our operations includes operating lodging, conference and meeting space, houseboats and other marine activities, retail merchandise shops, fine dining restaurants, and interpretive tours in some of this country's most pristine protected lands and national parks.
We have been active partners with the National Park Service and various zoos, aquariums, and other cultural attractions for over 20 years, providing high-quality visitor services in numerous locations across the United States in over 12 states. We are considered a premier provider of professional services by clients and competition alike, committed to providing high-quality recreation, hospitality and authentic experiences to clients and visitors from all over the world.
Some of the national and state parks in which we operate include:
- Asilomar Conference Center, California
- Denali National Park, Alaska
- Glacier Bay, Alaska
- Lake Powell Resorts and Marina, Arizona
- Zephyr Cove Resort & Marinas, Nevada
- Mesa Verde National Park, Colorado
- Olympic Peninsula, Washington
- Togwotee Mountain Lodge, Wyoming
The Assistant Controller's position is responsible for all timely financial record keeping and reporting to Aramark and the Client as well as ensuring compliance with all financial policies and controls Responsibilities:
- Adheres to all Aramark financial policies and procedures.
- Develops, implements, monitors, and corrects system controls.
- Audits assets and procedures.
- Maintains all asset inventory systems.
- Provides timely and accurate financial reporting to Aramark including Flash reports and monthly reconciliation.
- Prepares and presents all required client statements, financial summaries and statistical reports.
- Maintains data as required by Aramark and the client.
- Prepares budgets and forecasts.
- Issues Purchase Orders and maintains a Bid File.
- Maintains Licenses and Permits issued in Aramark's name.
- Manages the Accounting Clerk and Accounts Payable function.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the General Manager.
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Previous experience within an Accounting department preferably within a hotel or hospitality industry
- Ability to manage in a diverse environment with focus on client and customer service is essential.
- Ability to work closely with a team in budgeting, cost controls formulations, inventory systems, labor scheduling, forecasting.
- Adhering to generally accepted accounting practices and observing all financial controls and processes is required.
- Contract-managed service experience is desirable.
- Candidate must be willing to occasionally work event-based hours that include evenings and weekends.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications is desired.