Unit Process Controller
Arconic Fastening Systems & Rings (AFSR) is seeking a Unit Process Controller. This position is located in our Fontana, CA location.
Arconic Fastening Systems & Rings (AFSR) serves the global aerospace, automotive, and commercial transportation markets with the most specialized engineering, highest quality, and the greatest breadth and depth of fastening system solutions and seamless rolled rings in our industry. Headquartered in Torrance, CA; AFSR employs 8,000 people in 13 countries at 38 locations. SUMMARY
The Unit Process Controller ensures compliance to internal manufacturing instructions and procedures related to the hot forging of metals. A detailed knowledge of shop flow and familiarity with metallurgical process control parameters is required. Must be able to operate, program or monitor associated equipment. Assists forge shop crews as required by the Unit Blacksmith. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This is not intended as a comprehensive list; it is intended to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed, and may be required to perform additional, position-specific tasks.
- Must read and interpret drawings and internal manufacturing instructions, and complete required paperwork.
- Prepares loads and witnesses forge process by generating furnace load diagrams, laying out batches in order, recording data and stamping parts
- Records critical "in process" parameters in forge environment
- Reports any "in process" non-conformances to the Quality Department and other appropriate parties.
- Maintains and archives documentation as per company procedures.
- Interface with other departments.
- Under the direction of the Blacksmith assists the forging crew perform the forging operation
- Removes scale from work piece and dies, using broom. Marks material with specified information using metal stamp
- Measures rough and finished parts with measuring tools to ensure fit in ring roller.
- Conducts set-up of sizing equipment
- Operate overhead crane
- Operate forklift and/or manipulator and refuel with propane
- Must have understanding and knowledge of company procedures and work instructions
- Maintains a safe and organized workstation and follows all company policy, safety and procedures
Minimum of 6 mos. related experience and/or training
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
A little about us:
Arconic Inc. (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensures customer success and shareholder value.