Parkridge Medical Center - Chattanooga, TN Parkridge Medical Center
has served the community for nearly 40 years. Over the years, we have built a reputation for advanced technology and compassionate care, making us a hospital of choice for patients seeking quality treatment in the community. From our comprehensive cardiac services program to orthopaedics and oncology care at The Sarah Cannon Cancer Center at Parkridge, we are proud to be one of Chattanooga's best hospitals for healing. Parkridge Medical Center was the first hospital in the area to offer robotic surgery, and features the area's most knowledgeable and experienced robotic surgery team. The Parkridge Medical Center Emergency Department is an Accredited Chest Pain Center, making it a natural choice for those suffering from cardiovascular events when every minute matters. Parkridge
is currently looking for a Full-Time Unit Secretary - Orthopedics (2nd Shift). Job Summary:
The Unit Secretary must be able to:
Hospital-wide expectations of all positions:
- demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide appropriate care for patient populations served in his/her department.
- maintain the physical environment of the dept.
- communicate pertinent information to appropriate individuals
- complete accurate, timely order transcription
- maintain the integrity of the patient record
- document patient care information on the appropriate computer screens
- communicate with all customers in an appropriate manner
- deliver compassionate, holistic care, while supporting the rights and dignity of all patients.
- maintain a safe work environment.
- Presents self to patients/customers in a professional manner.
- Actively demonstrates care and concern to patients/customers.
- Actively listens to patients/customers. Acts in a courteous, friendly and helpful manner.
- Communicates in a positive, effective manner at all times, with all individuals.
- Seeks opportunities for learning and completes all education requirements & other activities needed to maintain competency
- Is an active participant in performance management process
- Complies with all infection control policies
- Reports errors in accordance with procedures
- Employee must demonstrate an understanding of, promotion of, and adherence to the facility's Code of Conduct and the objectives of the Ethics and Compliance program, to include participation in annual training and adherence to facility/company policies and regulations.
- High school diploma
- 1 yr. Unit Secretary preferred.
- Computer experience required
- Knowledge of medical terminology required.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom